• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what would you do if you won $50k?

72 posts in this topic

I want to retire debt free so it would go towards that goal and purpose which means mortgage payment, one credit card and an auto loan.

Hmmmm.....?? 50k ain't gonna cover it :(

My momma always said "what's wrong with saving money? That's the problem with young people, they want everything today and don't save for tomorrow".

If I won $50K, I would just put it in the bank (shrug)

I don't have any debt, but I also don't have any expensive books either.

well 55k don't buy a house here either, just 1/3 of a decent one....so to rephrase: use it for down payment on a house and have a mortgage as cheap as renting.

Houses in America are cheap. A decent family home in Australia is 500+. The suburbs I grew up in are now all 800+ for anything with three or more bedrooms.

Most young people can't afford to buy in good suburbs and rely on their parents equity to get a mortgage.

With 50k I would buy comics to flip. an XM 1 in 8.5 for the permanent collection.

Also maybe some high risk investment. Cryptocurreny, peer to peer lending and some corporate subordinated debt.

well 55k don't buy a house here either, just 1/3 of a decent one....so to rephrase: use it for down payment on a house and have a mortgage as cheap as renting.

Houses in America are cheap.

Now I heard it all... Were not talking about a house in the sticks yknow? Try get a studio apt in manhattan for 500k see how far that gets you