• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My experience with MyComicShop.com.

377 posts in this topic

Been dealing with MCS for years now. Only had one problem with a condition of a book. Called customer service and they shipped a replacement free of charge.

I had bought comics from them for years. When i called them i was treated rudely and hung up on. Called back in disbelief and was hung up on again. Worst customer service experience ever. They will never receive another dime from me. Of course as the OP stated he was told to take his business elsewhere so clearly they do not care if you buy from them or not.

Been dealing with MCS for years now. Only had one problem with a condition of a book. Called customer service and they shipped a replacement free of charge.

I had bought comics from them for years. When i called them i was treated rudely and hung up on. Called back in disbelief and was hung up on again. Worst customer service experience ever. They will never receive another dime from me. Of course as the OP stated he was told to take his business elsewhere so clearly they do not care if you buy from them or not.

....and we're off......................

....and we're off......................

Dont want to disappoint u "Spidey"!

:popcorn:

Let c wher dis goes :D

Ahee ahee ahee (hillbilly laugh)

Any chance we can turn this into a Breaking Bad thread? I am growing weary of carrying this torch and the BB series finale is in 5 days. Still have a hard time with remembering Bryan Cranston as Tim Whatley (Seinfeld) or Hal (Malcom in the Middle).

Ironically, I'm convinced that threads like this cause more people that have never visited the site in question to stop by and browse lol

Oh yeah!! Sometimes they'll even get scared and not sign up. "I don't wanna be part of those shenanigans."

I remember my first post.

This thread is still going???? Reminds me of when I was a Bar Manager and people would start to raise their voice to be heard by everyone if they wanted to complain. Ironically if they would not calm down I would ask them to "take their business elsewhere" or call security and have them removed once they settled their tab. After a few incidents you could tell right away what your next move would be.

This thread is still going???? Reminds me of when I was a Bar Manager and people would start to raise their voice to be heard by everyone if they wanted to complain. Ironically if they would not calm down I would ask them to "take their business elsewhere" or call security and have them removed once they settled their tab. After a few incidents you could tell right away what your next move would be.

No disrespect (which means you are about to be disrespected) but considering what started this thread...that is one of the dumbest analogies ever. Now if reminiscing about the good ole days got u all misty eyed then i am happy for you.

No disrespect (which means you are about to be disrespected) but considering what started this thread...that is one of the dumbest analogies ever. Now if reminiscing about the good ole days got u all misty eyed then i am happy for you.

Seriously man you need to pump the brakes.

Possibly, but I'm sure a few heavy buyers who have already noted their displeasure with this type of "shenanigans" will stop using them.

Bad customer service combined with bad business practices will always bite you in the arse in the end.

I'm the OP but have stayed silent since yesterday afternoon since a member of MCS said he will look into this today.

I'll wait for his response and see if they can make things right.

I will note that I am not the only person to have had a problem, quite a few others have noted similiar experiences so it wasn't a fluke incident...One that comes to mind was the guy who bought the Age of Ultron CGC 9.8 a few days before the movie announcement only to have it cancelled for an invalid reason and then price jacked up immensely when he tried to rebuy.

This is not an isolated incident.

How would you like to have bought a book on Amazon on a Friday , then it sells out that weekend, you check back on Monday and there are more of that book in stock at a higher price yet they cancel your order from Friday and say "they were out of stock when they went to fulfill order" ...and if you called to complain I am absolutely positive amazon would not tell you to take your business elsewhere and not try and fix the problem or make customer happy if possible.

If that ever happened you would be reading about the terrible business practices of Amazon on every news site and they would quickly lose millions of dollars in sales. I don't think people would be curious and say "oh that sounds questionable...let me go try this service out for myself" lol

So THB can compare me to drunken insufficiently_thoughtful_persons but i cannot point out the fallacy in his comparison of the situations. These are not cases of some ahole drinking too much. These are instances where loyal customers were treated rudely. As a consumer this is my only recourse. I have grown weary of this game so i am sure this threads legs are going to get tired soon.

So THB can compare me to drunken insufficiently_thoughtful_persons but i cannot point out the fallacy in his comparison of the situations. These are not cases of some ahole drinking too much. These are instances where loyal customers were treated rudely. As a consumer this is my only recourse. I have grown weary of this game so i am sure this threads legs are going to get tired soon.

THB chimed in twice, once to say something knowledgeable and sincere and then again to say that this thread is redundant and needs to be stopped. You just keep chiming in to "bump" your post and disrespect people. Stop it. Just let it go. Your not even the OP. At least the OP has been silent and had a chance to "sleep" it off.

Your post are just :blahblah::blahblah:

Trust me I have heard every story in the book. And like Conan from MCS had to follow up on situations that were missed at the store level. To be honest the owners were very direct when confronted. The damage control came later on at my level. I am sure the OP will be happy with his outcome. Sorry about what happened to you but can we put the pitchforks away?

And what will you do to make things right for them if they make you happy? You didn't know this was not an isolated incident at first. You just had your one bad experience and came online and posted "avoid a company at all costs". You didn't wait for their response before doing that.

And what will you do to make things right for them if they make you happy? You didn't know this was not an isolated incident at first. You just had your one bad experience and came online and posted "avoid a company at all costs". You didn't wait for their response before doing that.

In all fairness to the OP...have any of you been told to take your business elsewhere by a rude business owner. If so I am guessing you were pretty upset. Now as a consumer he has a voice on here. Considering that myself and several others have had issues (judging by posts) there seems to be a problem. Instead of getting support from peers (other collectors) he gets insulted and his opinion is given no credence b/c of his lack of posts. Sorry OP u haven't spent most of your adult life communicating about comics in a message board. As for boosting the post I admit I got baited into some idiotic rants. But it is annoying for people to come on here and say quit whining about not getting a comic when it has nothing to do with "getting" a comic. If u can't get the core of the problem then that is you problem. Good luck Shazzam! I am out.