• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maybe I'm being dramatic...

61 posts in this topic

Contact the seller. Tell him you are not happy , and that you disagree that they are in the condition described.

Decide what you want him to do to make you happy. Then see what he is willing to do .

After that act/react in whichever manner works best for you . You dont need the vindication or absolution of people on these boards .

Some will agree with how you handle it , some wont . In the end your opinion should be the only one that matters.

If you are unhappy open up the item not as described complaint on ebay and win.

However...

When I look at the sellers scans in the ebay ad I can see the defects on the front of the Hulk especially at the lower left and the bottom right corner looks a little soft, it is obviously not NM/M even though the seller called it that. You had to know that looking at the scans before you bid. The staining on the back cover and other defects on the back cover are the bigger issue on that one and the seller should have disclosed that or had another scan of the back covers.

The Batman Adventures 12 shows a couple of spine ticks in the scans the seller has in the ebay auction and I would not call it NM/M looking at the scan.

So the seller is wrong for saying these are NM/M

and

you looked at the scans in the auction and still thought they were NM/M?

Still, open up the complaint on ebay for the item not as described, the staining/defects on the back cover of the hulk definitely qualifies it as such. Win the dispute and it doesn't matter of the seller says he doesn't take returns.

:applause:

Yeah, when you see a book listed as anything close to NM on eBay then take it with a pinch of salt. Have a very close look at the pictures provided and if they're not very clear then it's probably best to assume that it's not going to be the grade advertised.

The boards have a better percentage of good grading than eBay but my advice holds true for buying here as well.

Contact the seller. Tell him you are not happy , and that you disagree that they are in the condition described.

Decide what you want him to do to make you happy. Then see what he is willing to do .

After that act/react in whichever manner works best for you . You dont need the vindication or absolution of people on these boards .

Some will agree with how you handle it , some wont . In the end your opinion should be the only one that matters.

(thumbs u

Most comic shops would stick those in a bag with board and price them at whatever the NM-price in guide is (if they were books where you could base the sticker price on guide, which they are not, so i guess they'd need to guestimate off ebay sales.

I really hope with an auction like that your offer was under $100.

i know it shouldn't be this way, but having any expectation, with an auction like that, that the books are any better than VF/NM is a bit unrealistic. if the books had big scans and what not and this was a seller known for decent grading, sure, but the guy spent half the auction description telling the story of spiderman unlimited 3, which is a dollar box book ( maybe) -- clearly he doesn't know what he's doing

Buying on Ebay is gambling. With that being said, I love Ebay. I've picked up NM books that were 9.8s. I've picked up FNs that were VGs, it's the way it goes. Not everyone feels this way, but I find that when I look at Ebay like that, I am less likely to be peeved when I get crappy books.

I would say that 9 times out of 10, I am pleased with the books I get.

I hear ya. I routinely list 9.6/9.8/9.9 books as "NM or better ", because I don't want to hear the complaining if a book I listed as 9.8 gets graded by CGC and comes back to them as a 9.6. :o

Good, honest sellers are out there, if you do your due diligence. :)

I wouldn't say it's all about honesty. It has to be a combination of knowing how to grade and packing the books correctly for shipping.

+1,000,000

Buying on Ebay is gambling. With that being said, I love Ebay. I've picked up NM books that were 9.8s. I've picked up FNs that were VGs, it's the way it goes. Not everyone feels this way, but I find that when I look at Ebay like that, I am less likely to be peeved when I get crappy books.

I would say that 9 times out of 10, I am pleased with the books I get.

+ 1

(thumbs u

sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. i bought a massive BA lot on a gut feeling (no pics) where the seller said the average grade was a Fine, with lots of semi-keys in there like ASM 136, Hulk 182...good stuff like that and a bunch of mark jewelers inserts books...paid about 50 cents each...the average grade was a solid 9.2. i was ecstatic. easily worth 10X what I paid for it and made my money back on the lot (about 150 books) selling 2 of the semi-keys.

of course, i save myself the trouble by rarely trying to chase raw high grade books on ebay. people are more likely to be right with a Fine or VG grade.

Most comic shops would stick those in a bag with board and price them at whatever the NM-price in guide is (if they were books where you could base the sticker price on guide, which they are not, so i guess they'd need to guestimate off ebay sales.

I really hope with an auction like that your offer was under $100.

i know it shouldn't be this way, but having any expectation, with an auction like that, that the books are any better than VF/NM is a bit unrealistic. if the books had big scans and what not and this was a seller known for decent grading, sure, but the guy spent half the auction description telling the story of spiderman unlimited 3, which is a dollar box book ( maybe) -- clearly he doesn't know what he's doing

:think: Or does he....,??

Yes, true, he could be pretending to be clueless, but the $449.99 asking price kindah puts the kabash on any impression he might be trying to put forth that he doesn't know he has some good books in there (heck, even in the condition they arrived in those three are a nice little group)

What did the Marvel Super Heroes 12 look like?

He has 99.8% positive feedback, but not from selling comics. Pretty easy to stick a DVD in a mailer and satisfy someone.

He actually graded it closest of the bunch. PGM thread consensus is anywhere from 7.0 to 8.5.

So, this isn't starting out well.

I messaged him and expressed my feelings about the condition/horrible shipping method and I felt that a partial refund of some sort was in order. He sent me a practically all-caps message saying that I switched the books out with ones from my own collection and I am scamming him and will only refund if I send the books back to him and he is 100% sure that they are the same books I received.

lol- I've never contacted anyone negatively regarding a previous purchase and am also a 100% positive feedback top-rated seller. This is becoming comical and a good lesson to me and all others. My time at eBay may be drawing to a close.