• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP KEITH CONTARINO - CONDOLENCES to his family+ friends

340 posts in this topic

thanks for the thoughts guys but i dont like my chances

ive been in contact with a lawyer in the USA but the legal costs to file something would be way more than the $26k and may not be successful

its alot of $ but i think its gone

the only chance for me to get anything back is for keith to make it right

my funds may have been used to make his $75k bail

He used to post here once in a while.

Man, drugs are such a dangerous thing.

Sometimes you light the 'on' switch with just a little fun in mind and you might never find the off switch again.

Damn, things don't look good.

Good luck, man.

:(

Sucks about Keith. He has always been a class act in my book. Reading the link, seems he and his wife were unfortunately the sort of parents who created a safe house for their kids' recreational drinking etc. Never a good idea as its bad parenting and frowned on by neighbors and the police!

However, only the syringes sounds worrisome to me, based on the article. Prescription drugs! Less than an ounce of pot! Liquor!! All pretty tame --- except when they add up to 18 counts on the police blotter. Cruelty to their children? That's a stretch, but legally, probably accurate.

To the OP, I wouldn't lose hope of full restitution. The Keith you and I knew and trusted is the same. If it were you or me in his present condition, I'd hope we'd be excused for having other more pressing thisng to deal with right now. Doesn't excuse him not replying to,an email... Or a hundred emails, but if he never ripped you off before, why would he start now?

Doesn't get you your money back I know, sorry you are involved in his problems...

thanks for the thoughts guys but i dont like my chances

ive been in contact with a lawyer in the USA but the legal costs to file something would be way more than the $26k and may not be successful

its alot of $ but i think its gone

the only chance for me to get anything back is for keith to make it right

my funds may have been used to make his $75k bail

"Way more than $26k".....only if he fights it and claims he doesn't owe it.

You might need to talk to another lawyer. One local to his area and can file the paperwork easily.

Sucks about Keith. He has always been a class act in my book. Reading the link, seems he and his wife were unfortunately the sort of parents who created a safe house for their kids' recreational drinking etc. Never a good idea as its bad parenting and frowned on by neighbors and the police!

However, only the syringes sounds worrisome to me, based on the article. Prescription drugs! Less than an ounce of pot! Liquor!! All pretty tame --- except when they add up to 18 counts on the police blotter. Cruelty to their children? That's a stretch, but legally, probably accurate.

To the OP, I wouldn't lose hope of full restitution. The Keith you and I knew and trusted is the same. If it were you or me in his present condition, I'd hope we'd be excused for having other more pressing thisng to deal with right now. Doesn't excuse him not replying to,an email... Or a hundred emails, but if he never ripped you off before, why would he start now?

Doesn't get you your money back I know, sorry you are involved in his problems...

thats the sad thing- i dont think its the good guy keith we used to know. i think he's had issues he hasnt been dealing with and he's changed.

i hope he can sort out this problems.

but when he doesnt reply when i emailed him asking him about his welfare when he got out of jail, its not a good sign imo

HI all

many of you will have heard of or may be even had dealings with Keith over the years. He was one of the good guys in the comic hobby. honest, trustworthy.

unfortunately he's turned and become one of the Dupcak's and Ewert's.

Sad to hear. Keith was a hobby pillar for many years. :(

thats the sad thing- i dont think its the good guy keith we used to know. i think he's had issues he hasnt been dealing with and he's changed.

i hope he can sort out this problems.

but when he doesnt reply when i emailed him asking him about his welfare when he got out of jail, its not a good sign imo

His eyes look extremely dilated... :sorry:

drdonaldblake, I've always enjoyed your posts and the books you share here, you seem like a good guy and I'm really sorry this is happening to you.

As others, including yourself, have said, it's unlikely that you'll get your $ back, but I sincerely wish you the best in doing so.

@aman619, not to derail the intent of this thread, but I wouldn't consider prescription drugs pretty tame (as a whole and without knowing what said drugs were).