• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Wow, my wife and I have found the first two episodes enjoyable. It's a lot better than a lot of stuff on TV right now. I'm not usually this far away from the vocal majority, so not sure what you guys are looking for and not finding. Coulson, weird tech, flying car, movie continuity plugs, humor, some action .. plays a lot like the Strange Tales run to me so far. The characters are still coming into their own, but that is kind of part of the building process.

Dunno (shrug)

I have had to explain what an LMD is to my wife and another friend so far though, heh ;)

Also anybody else wondering how he got brought back, cloning, advanced tech healing, magic, or has this already been talked about?

In the 1st episode someone mentioned NOT to let him know the facts about how he came back.

In yesterdays 2nd episode Coulson seems to remember being stabbed, he mentions his recovery on some pleasant island.

Edited by Mister_Comics

Wow, my wife and I have found the first two episodes enjoyable. It's a lot better than a lot of stuff on TV right now. I'm not usually this far away from the vocal majority, so not sure what you guys are looking for and not finding. Coulson, weird tech, flying car, movie continuity plugs, humor, some action .. plays a lot like the Strange Tales run to me so far. The characters are still coming into their own, but that is kind of part of the building process.

Dunno (shrug)

I have had to explain what an LMD is to my wife and another friend so far though, heh ;)

I like this show a lot. Hell, my wife even likes it and she isn't the biggest comic fan.

So it looks like the premise of the show is to have non-superpowered people with special talents tackle random events & superpowered evils. Their goal is to eliminate threats, cross them over to being good or power down the "bad" guys. All this is good I suppose, but I think if they want to keep the comic guys like us entertained & coming back for more, we need to see more "known" superheroes & supervillians from the comic books & not characters made just for the show to be dealt with by the end of the show.

So it looks like the premise of the show is to have non-superpowered people with special talents tackle random events & superpowered evils. Their goal is to eliminate threats, cross them over to being good or power down the "bad" guys. All this is good I suppose, but I think if they want to keep the comic guys like us entertained & coming back for more, we need to see more "known" superheroes & supervillians from the comic books & not characters made just for the show to be dealt with by the end of the show.

Totally agree!

There is some villain that has powers like Graviton coming up. He's able to control gravity. But I doubt it will be the villain from Marvel comics. Probably some lab experiment gone wrong. We'll be lucky if Graviton's name is even mentioned.

but this show flat out sucks.

In the second episode, the bad guy was basically Sofia Vergara in combat fatigues. I mean, seriously??? The Marvel Universe is finally on non-animated television, and this is the best they come up with?

1) NCIS is an over-10-year-old franchise with a very large fan base built up over those ten+ years. Don't make like it beating AoS is a surprise. NCS beat AoS the first week, too, as expected. The only surprise would have been the opposite rankings.

2) This show still beats the HELL out of any so-called "reality" show out there for entertainment, IMHO.

3) GIVE IT TIME! Instant gratification isn't always the best nor only way to get it.

:)

-slym

In fairness, as i criticized the 1st installment, the 2nd one was definitely better hm

That said, I just don't get the lack of seriousness from Coulter.

But humor does seem to be one of the shows goals, as evidenced by Samuel Jackson beating-up on Counter for wrecking the family bus.

Better, not great (shrug)

At one point I thought - in a duel against the Arrow cast members these SHIELD guys would be creamed

- except maybe the one they call the Calvary . . . she's pretty cool.