• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Also anybody else wondering how he got brought back, cloning, advanced tech healing, magic, or has this already been talked about?

In the 1st episode someone mentioned NOT to let him know the facts about how he came back.

In yesterdays 2nd episode Coulson seems to remember being stabbed, he mentions his recovery on some pleasant island.

ScreenRant has a great article with some really cool theories I wouldn't have thought of. Article title is '10 Theories for how Coulson returned from the dead'.

"[T]he connection to 'The Avengers' universe, particularly for the casually acquainted, is extremely slim, which will force this team of crack government agents . . .to sink or swim on their own." http://variety.com/2013/tv/columns/why-agents-of-shield-isnt-totally-so-super-1200688260/

Problems with the show:

1. Not getting massive Marvel Universe library of characters/concepts involved. The MU is a HUGE asset that is being ignored. There are hundreds (thousands?) of minor characters (that will never make it to a film) that could easily be incorporated into the show.

2. Weak cast (Coulson excluded) -- it's like watching a TV show about undisciplined CIA interns.

3. Poor scripts. This should be good science fiction-type writing -- a la X-Files; it's far from it. The Sofia Vergara episode (episode 2) was mind-numbing.

1) NCIS is an over-10-year-old franchise with a very large fan base built up over those ten+ years. Don't make like it beating AoS is a surprise. NCS beat AoS the first week, too, as expected. The only surprise would have been the opposite rankings.

2) This show still beats the HELL out of any so-called "reality" show out there for entertainment, IMHO.

3) GIVE IT TIME! Instant gratification isn't always the best nor only way to get it.

:)

-slym

The same shows it beat last week with the record breaking performance came back and beat it this week. NCIS is in the same audience that AoS wants, per the article.

Everyone tuned in for what they thought was going to be a great show and its let them down. This is worse than the last season of Dexter, the last two seasons of Heroes, worse than Flavor Flav's reality show. The Fury cameo felt forced. Didnt seem to match the character we've seen in the movies.

There is very little associated with Shield/Marvel in this series. Name dropping characters and a cameo doesnt seem to interest a lot of people. After this episode, lets see how far the ratings drop.

Im expecting to see the 1970s Reb Brown Captain America soon.

This show is harmless to me, but it's certainly not living up to the possibilities given the riches of the Marvel Universe.

As I watched last night, I wondered what it would be like if someone combined a 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' knockoff with the 'A-Team', and I got the second episode of SHIELD! :boo:

Coulson works, May works (for now), and maybe the double-agent hacker or the "I work solo and hate the kids' table" guy will work. The rest feel awfully flimsy and the 'banter' between the scientists feels forced and lame.

Still more fun for me than most shows on TV given the Marvel ties, but is it a good show? Not yet. Will see what happens.

Dan

I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes, but I don't love it. It's no LOST or Castle as far as writing and acting goes, but it's worth watching to see if it can improve. My wife, who is no comic fan, is enjoying it.

It will have to improve to make it past the first season. As others have pointed out, it needs to get past young hip characters speaking witty, snarky comments while fighting the baddies. My guess is that they need to darken this up just a bit, not too much, but some to give it more seriousness. I'm not buying into the fact that these people are Govt agents.

Definitely enjoy Coulson in both episodes and the appearance of Sam Jackson last night. No doubt that it has incredible potential to get out the finer aspects of the Marvel Universe that the movies don't have time to develop.

Now with the twist that was revealed last night, I have more reason to watch next week. Here's hoping that this improves and ABC gives it a full season to work itself out.

:wishluck:

I'm not caring for it that much.

There's a tone to the production that makes me feel like I'm watching a children's show, despite some of the "grown-up" dialogue and innuendo.

I will continue supporting it for another few episodes, though.

2nd show was better but not good. I agree that they should have minor B or C characters making appearances. Maybe a Stiltman or the Scorpion.

Are they allowed to have or talk about mutants?

I know some off this actors are out of ABC's budget, but would be sweet if ANY superhero would make an appearance on the show

ABC has a big budget when it wants to. Lost for example was $5m an episode (and it started 9 years ago) and the pilot was $13.5m, still a record for a TV show. Love it or hate it (and i love it), that show had beautiful production values, cinematography, music, etc.

SHIELD on the other hand just looks cheap.

I know some off this actors are out of ABC's budget, but would be sweet if ANY superhero would make an appearance on the show

Would they fit in?

I don`t think Daredevil swinging around NY would work for this kind of show.

What superheroes do you want to see in this show?

One I think that could fit in would be

AstonishingTales25.jpg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur