• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Hated the 1st 3 episodes.

BUT, I really liked this last episode. It actually engaged my brain a little and had a nice balance of humor.

Good pacing too.

I still don't like the wonder twins, although they were slightly less annoying in this episode.

I actually can't understand what the Wonder Twins are saying and that's a problem, because I know if I can't understand then then other people can't understand them.

Getting harder and harder to devout time to watch.

It is pedestrian compared to even Sleepy Hollow and now the third season of American Horror Coven.

An example is within the first 10 minutes of American Horror Coven I said this show is something must see, while here we are now into episode 4 of Agents Of SHIELD and still nothing special or interesting has happened. (shrug)

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

You didn't see the first ten minutes of this last episode and get a little freaked out by the men in red masks with metal briefcases chained to their hands? Especially given today's climate?

And then they all get on the subway?

I would think Mass Panic would ensue. I would personally have exited that train if I saw a bunch of them getting on it.

So it was cool that they brought Instagram and social media into it... as that is EXACTLY what would happen in a public setting.

Getting harder and harder to devout time to watch.

It is pedestrian compared to even Sleepy Hollow and now the third season of American Horror Coven.

An example is within the first 10 minutes of American Horror Coven I said this show is something must see, while here we are now into episode 4 of Agents Of SHIELD and still nothing special or interesting has happened. (shrug)

I have to agree though I just started watching Episode 4. So far, it's very mundane and screams network "watered down, by the numbers" show. Big let down so far.

I thought ep 4 was better than the first 3. That said, it is still not living up to expectations.

Seeing Whedon fail at this level is a little scary. From Firefly/Serenity to Shield is kind of like Ang Lee going from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon to Hulk.

Maybe it's normal for shows to be written and directed by different people every single week, but this feels way too disjointed. Average is a great way to describe it. That said I hear the Black Panther is going to write and direct the 7th episode.

Ward compliments Skye and Skye says to him about the compliment "Did it physically hurt to do that? Do you need an ice pack?"

In Whedon's first movie, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, Donald Sutherland as Merrick (Buffy's watcher) makes a joke to Buffy. Buffy says "Merrick, you made a Joke. Are you okay? Do You want to lie down? I know it hurts the first time."

???

Ward compliments Skye and Skye says to him about the compliment "Did it physically hurt to do that? Do you need an ice pack?"

In Whedon's first movie, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, Donald Sutherland as Merrick (Buffy's watcher) makes a joke to Buffy. Buffy says "Merrick, you made a Joke. Are you okay? Do You want to lie down? I know it hurts the first time."

???

:whatthe: There's obviously something more going on here...

Maybe it's normal for shows to be written and directed by different people every single week, but this feels way too disjointed. Average is a great way to describe it. That said I hear the Black Panther is going to write and direct the 7th episode.

quite normal

Was anyone else thinking Sunfire origin episode?

Yes, and I was hoping he would be Sunfire. :(

So was I, but my guess is that Sunfire's rights are tied up with the X-Men and Fox, and that the character is off-limits to them.

If there's one disappointment I've had with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. it's that we're now 5 episodes in and there hasn't been a single recognizable super hero from the Marvel Pantheon. Not even a C-lister. I'm wondering how long until they have some characters that show it's in the wider Marvel universe.