• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sex Criminals - Image

292 posts in this topic

That cover is actually pretty awesome, but the real attention grabber is FOURTH PRINTING?!??

+1 that's impressive. I haven't had a chance to read the first issue yet, but it just jumped to the top of my weekend reading pile.

That's what I was thinking.

#1 sold roughly 37,000 copies

#2 22,000

#3. 20,000

Why the 4th print ?

Buyers. Seems risky/expensive for a creator owned book to put out a fourth printing just for the hell of it. They must have an indication there are people willing to give them money.

Their execution is what is bringing the publicity, and it's brilliant, IMO.

#2 22,000

#3. 20,000

Why the 4th print ?

Buyers. Seems risky/expensive for a creator owned book to put out a fourth printing just for the hell of it. They must have an indication there are people willing to give them money.

I get someone is buying it and I know a lot of people here really like the book. I just have a gut feeling that some of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th prints are being bought buy completists. If that weren't the case, I think they would have sold a lot more #3s. I got caught up in that on the 2nd printing of EOW #1

I compare Sex Criminals salest to the non-superhero books. It is only beat by seven books each of which already have their established following (I know Wake is new but it's Scott Snyder).

The list

• * The Walking Dead
    * Saga
    * Star Wars
    * Earth 2
    * My Little Pony
    * East of West
    * Wake

If any new book warrants a fourth print, it's Sex Criminals.

My 2c :

It got some exposure like in Time Magazine (link below), Personally, I greatly prefer almost any other new book that I've read. I enjoyed Rat Queens much more.

It is interesting how Sex Criminals #3 had twice the sales of Rat Queens #3.

Time Magazine -- Top 10 comics for 2013

#2 22,000

#3. 20,000

Why the 4th print ?

I get someone is buying it and I know a lot of people here really like the book. I just have a gut feeling that some of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th prints are being bought buy completists. If that weren't the case, I think they would have sold a lot more #3s. I got caught up in that on the 2nd printing of EOW #1

But 3rd print numbers are almost 55% of 1st print numbers; I dont think there are that many completists for Sex Criminals. I like Sex Criminals as a read, but maybe this title legitimately has legs?

#2 22,000

#3. 20,000

Why the 4th print ?

But 3rd print numbers are almost 55% of 1st print numbers; I dont think there are that many completists for Sex Criminals. I like Sex Criminals as a read, but maybe this title legitimately has legs?

Maybe. I really don't know. I read the first 2 and didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. I'm guessing there are more than enough people who seem to really love it to make sure it has a chance to reach the masses.

I compare Sex Criminals print count to the non-superhero books. It is only beat by seven books each of which already have their established following (I know Wake is new but it's Scott Snyder).

The list

• * The Walking Dead
    * Saga
    * Star Wars
    * Earth 2
    * My Little Pony
    * East of West
    * Wake

If any new book warrants a fourth print, it's Sex Criminals.

My 2c :

It got some exposure like in Time Magazine (link below), Personally, I greatly prefer almost any other new book that I've read. I enjoyed Rat Queens much more.

It is interesting how Sex Criminals #3 had twice the sales of Rat Queens #3.

Time Magazine -- Top 10 comics for 2013

I am surprised it doubled Rat Queens too. I personally am a bigger fan of RQ. I think Lazarus should also be added to the list of 7.

#2 22,000

#3. 20,000

Why the 4th print ?

Maybe. I really don't know. I read the first 2 and didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. I'm guessing there are more than enough people who seem to really love it to make sure it has a chance to reach the masses.

It may be some completists, but it may also be new readers who read that Time article or articles like it. Shop owners may have taken notice of the people asking about #1 and passed the info along.

Maybe the sales numbers will head north once the new readers (if any) get current.

(shrug)

#2 22,000

#3. 20,000

Why the 4th print ?

It may be some completists, but it may also be new readers who read that Time article or articles like it. Shop owners may have taken notice of the people asking about #1 and passed the info along.

Maybe the sales numbers will head north once the new readers (if any) get current.

(shrug)

That's a good point. I'm betting Time reaches a lot of people not to mention the references to the Top 10 list. hm

#2 22,000

#3. 20,000

Why the 4th print ?

More people are obviously wanting to try it out. It's had a *lot* of good reviews, inclusions on best-of lists and general hype steadily since its release. Also, #2 and #3 have 2nd printings.

#2 22,000

#3. 20,000

Why the 4th print ?

More people are obviously wanting to try it out. It's had a *lot* of good reviews, inclusions on best-of lists and general hype steadily since its release. Also, #2 and #3 have 2nd printings.

:facepalm: