• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edmonton Expo 2013 comic convention highlights

167 posts in this topic

Batgirl caught board member Bronty oogling my books without any cash on him. Thanks Batgirl!

CosplayPic29_zpsabf3ac12.jpg

hm

Dude, that's not me! lol

:roflmao:

Karl's a baldist. All you guys look the same. :devil:

I had talked to bronty/Dan via pm before the show. Walked around for an hour before I found him. He was a pleasure to talk to and I really liked him. His video game art is a treat and fascinating. I totally get how collectible video game art is and he seems to have cornered the market. The Legend of Zelda map art is easily my favorite piece - couldn't believe I was looking at it.

DSC01916.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

DSC01915.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

I had talked to bronty/Dan via pm before the show. Walked around for an hour before I found him. He was a pleasure to talk to and I really liked him. His video game art is a treat and fascinating. I totally get how collectible video game art is and he seems to have cornered the market. The Legend of Zelda map art is easily my favorite piece - couldn't believe I was looking at it.

DSC01916.jpg

Are we sure this is the real deal now?

lol

DSC01916.jpg

Are we sure this is the real deal now?

lol

woops, sorry, this is actually a picture of Roy......

Please, someone photoshop Roy's hair onto Bronty's head.

During setup I talked to Paul, the guy across from us. He was selling just Dr Who stuff. I figured the guy wouldn't do very well and I couldn't have been more wrong. Saturday he had a lineup to buy stuff from open to close and his booth was literally navel to navel. Sunday was a bit slower but still strong. When I checked his booth at show's end he had sold almost everything he had brought. Dr Who is HOT.

DSC01906.jpg

THanks for the kind words Dave. I'm recoiling in horror from the way the flash has made the art appear though :insane: Here's a decent picture:

mmposterresized.jpg

PS for anybody considering dealing with him, Dave's about the nicest guy in the world :)

I had met Aardvark88 and his friend Magic at the Calgary show but we didn't spend much time together. Managed to get him, Magic, Bronty, local vendor Tom and our group of four out for dinner at Colliseum Pizza. It was a nice dinner and I got to get to know Aardbark a bit better. I must say that every boardie I've met from Calgary has been a delight.