• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edmonton Expo 2013 comic convention highlights

167 posts in this topic

It was a great show. Your booth was by far the most impressive to me. I walked away with your Fantastic Four 39, 40 and 112 on Sunday. Spent most of the days since just setting them on the table in front of me and breathing in the scent of comic paper :)

No surprise that Doctor Who booth did so well, my wife spent more there than I did in the entire rest of the show!

woops, sorry, this is actually a picture of Roy......

Please, someone photoshop Roy's hair onto Bronty's head.

brontydanwithroyhair_zpsa237e847.jpg

(:

It was a great show. Your booth was by far the most impressive to me. I walked away with your Fantastic Four 39, 40 and 112 on Sunday. Spent most of the days since just setting them on the table in front of me and breathing in the scent of comic paper :)

No surprise that Doctor Who booth did so well, my wife spent more there than I did in the entire rest of the show!

Thanks for the purchase. Next time join think about joining us for dinner, it will be unforgettable -one way or the other.

woops, sorry, this is actually a picture of Roy......

Please, someone photoshop Roy's hair onto Bronty's head.

brontydanwithroyhair_zpsa237e847.jpg

(:

Ohhh now I can see what you look like!

Brian is right I am a baldist.

This guy's costume was fantastic. The shoulders were metal and he said it was extremely heavy and very hot to wear. He would walk around the entire floor once, then take a break outside before doing another round.

He said next year he will wear the costume for the costume contest day but the other he won't so he can get some things done like celeb autographs.

His companion was va-va-voom!

CosplayPic48_zps3f63d03f.jpg

People can focus on Bronty's / Roy's hair, I want to know if that's Neil Young??

Hair? I thought somebody photoshopped a muskrat on top of my head :insane:

That's right Roy, I'm bald and I'm still clowning your hair :baiting:lol

You have more on your forearms than I do on the rest of my body.

:devil:

So? Its how I used to let the ladies know they were with a real name. And let's not forget you shagged me with a smile on your face (shrug) ****

*** JIM 59 people, look it up!

ClobTablea_zpsf53bc5da.jpg

Great report!

As an aside, no problem with walkoffs on these? Or do they still chop off hands in Edmonton?

We had a few magic cards stolen. Just so easy to palm.

Brian/500club was the first person to start laying books out flat. At smaller, comic shows there are lots of box divers and list fillers. At shows like this many people only seem to buy if the book is out in view. I think of it as a retail sale to someone who isn't a collector.

Great report!

As an aside, no problem with walkoffs on these? Or do they still chop off hands in Edmonton?

We had a few magic cards stolen. Just so easy to palm.

Brian/500club was the first person to start laying books out flat. At smaller, comic shows there are lots of box divers and list fillers. At shows like this many people only seem to buy if the book is out in view. I think of it as a retail sale to someone who isn't a collector.

Very good point. There are other shows where that dynamic might fit. Though the real estate premium might be too high .