• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potential of New Mutants 98 to be the future Hulk 181/ asm129

43 posts in this topic

It is already price-wise ASM 129ish...sure, a VG+ copy probably won't fetch $150, but for NM 98, VF+ is the equivalent of VG+ considering most copies of NM 98 are going to be in decent shape...not so much for 129.

no on hulk 181. wolverine is iconic. few who who don't read comics know who deadpool is (and if they saw the wolverine movie with him they forgot about him pretty quickly). the deadpool movie will likely go nowhere because not enough non-comic nerds know the character (see, e.g., Elektra)

you do not need to post this in multiple threads.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT TOPIC IN ALL OF COMIC BOOK HISTORY - OF COURSE IT NEEDS TO BE POSTED MULTIPLE TIMES! ITS SO IMPORTANT I AM SPEAKING IN ALL CAPS.

Too many copies available in high grade 9.8 for New Mutants 98. Not a tough book to get if you have the money.

Personally, I like Deadpool but don't love him. For others he is an acquired taste, if at all.

New mutants 98 will rise in value but after the movie should settle back down.

Consider the possibility of New Mutants 98 accelerating in value to become the modern age H181 or ASM129 in another decade or??

Also see

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7064986#Post7064986

I doubt it but there is no telling really!

basically with what other folks already said I don't have much to add.

I think NM 98 in high grade 9.8 is just too easy to find. there is like what, at least 700 9.8's now?

If there is any book that is the modern age H181/ASM129 from the copper age period it's probably ASM 300.

TMNT #1 is also a good one.

also you never know what trends will occur over the years. maybe TM finally makes another Spawn movie and Image keys start blowing up...

maybe Neil gaiman wins a nobel peace price and a flood of vertigo movies change cinemas forever...

perhaps Jim Shooter and Bob layton's Valiant universe blows up and X-O manowar becomes the cooler version of Iron Man...

:)

Consider the possibility of New Mutants 98 accelerating in value to become the modern age H181 or ASM129 in another decade or??

Also see

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7064986#Post7064986

I doubt it but there is no telling really!

basically with what other folks already said I don't have much to add.

I think NM 98 in high grade 9.8 is just too easy to find. there is like what, at least 700 9.8's now?

If there is any book that is the modern age H181/ASM129 from the copper age period it's probably ASM 300.

TMNT #1 is also a good one.

also you never know what trends will occur over the years. maybe TM finally makes another Spawn movie and Image keys start blowing up...

maybe Neil gaiman wins a nobel peace price and a flood of vertigo movies change cinemas forever...

perhaps Jim Shooter and Bob layton's Valiant universe blows up and X-O manowar becomes the cooler version of Iron Man...

:)

There are well over 1000 9.8's, BUT this comic defies logic, gravity, and is just a singular enigma. No matter how many that sell, they just keep going up and up. They're over $400 now, and I sell them ALL (no jivin') within hours of posting them for sale. I've never had a single 9.8 not sell within 24 hours. And this goes back many years. Will it last forever...no. But it certainly has defied all logic, thus far.

no on hulk 181. wolverine is iconic. few who who don't read comics know who deadpool is (and if they saw the wolverine movie with him they forgot about him pretty quickly). the deadpool movie will likely go nowhere because not enough non-comic nerds know the character (see, e.g., Elektra)

I don't think I could stomach a live action Deadpool movie. Seeing him in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is enough. Obnoxious and fails to actually be funny. I wouldn't risk one and a half to hours of that.

I have been purging almost all moderns and even I feel that there is a gap in my collection by not having a copy.

In fact... I have never owned a copy.

Like some others. I think it may become the next Omega Men #3.

But who really knows. Comic book fans are fickle. Imagine paying the current going rate for a first Rocket Raccoon or Groot.

Insane.

How long was Omega Men #3 actually popular at the level NM #98 has been? Did it ever really reach this level?

I have been purging almost all moderns and even I feel that there is a gap in my collection by not having a copy.

I'm not a huge Deadpool fan,but you gotta hand it to the characters appeal.Everyone wants this book! Whether it's the biggest key in the modern age is up for debate,but there is no denying it's a huge key.

Probably has less copies produced than the Hulk 181 too. (shrug)

Hulk #181 is the enigma in the market place, defying all laws of economic principle. Constantly in demand, and constantly selling for an ever increasing price across all grades. The last fact, is something only uber keys can usually claim. 181 stands alone in the market place, defying market downward swings constantly.

And with NM#98 at 1,109 copies in 9.8 and selling at $400, I have to say, that has shades of 181. I'd love to know what a 9.9 would fetch in the open market. Would it look like an early 9.8 GI Joe 21 price wise??

Just got my urge out the way and plunged in, now I can concentrate on some silver age stuff I have been wanting

Hulk #181 is the enigma in the market place, defying all laws of economic principle. Constantly in demand, and constantly selling for an ever increasing price across all grades. The last fact, is something only uber keys can usually claim. 181 stands alone in the market place, defying market downward swings constantly.

And with NM#98 at 1,109 copies in 9.8 and selling at $400, I have to say, that has shades of 181. I'd love to know what a 9.9 would fetch in the open market. Would it look like an early 9.8 GI Joe 21 price wise??

Yep. It's the closest thing to Hulk 181's enigmatic appeal.

you do not need to post this in multiple threads.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT TOPIC IN ALL OF COMIC BOOK HISTORY - OF COURSE IT NEEDS TO BE POSTED MULTIPLE TIMES! ITS SO IMPORTANT I AM SPEAKING IN ALL CAPS.

:roflmao: