• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A small token for Beau's family. Will you help us??

132 posts in this topic

I'm out of town til this evening and won't be able to tally up books til tomorrow.

I am fairly certain were sold out but hopefully we can make other arrangements if that's the case.

Autographed copies will be honored based on time stamps within the thread. Other copies will be allocated after autographed ones run out.

I have secured a donation of new bag and boards from Borderlands Comics and Games in Greenville, SC

I'll post their Facebook page and web page and feel free to thank them if you feel so inclined.

I also need someone to contact me with Beaus family information. At least an email or number to his wife so I can make arrangements once funds are received.

I'm out of town til this evening and won't be able to tally up books til tomorrow.

I am fairly certain were sold out but hopefully we can make other arrangements if that's the case.

Autographed copies will be honored based on time stamps within the thread. Other copies will be allocated after autographed ones run out.

I have secured a donation of new bag and boards from Borderlands Comics and Games in Greenville, SC

I'll post their Facebook page and web page and feel free to thank them if you feel so inclined.

I also need someone to contact me with Beaus family information. At least an email or number to his wife so I can make arrangements once funds are received.

Hey Brock,

I kind of threw my post out there without really thinking about how many people would want the books and how many people would want to help. I have no problem ratcheting mine back. I probably should have been more circumspect. If you hit me with the paypal addy when you can, I will appreciate it.

Hey Brock,

I kind of threw my post out there without really thinking about how many people would want the books and how many people would want to help. I have no problem ratcheting mine back. I probably should have been more circumspect. If you hit me with the paypal addy when you can, I will appreciate it.

It's not a problem. Let me see what we have and we will go from there.

As punishment for this, you must donate the "for eBay" slab to charity!

:jokealert:

Just want to reiterate what was posted in the thread about this book, a month or so ago.

Not only did Beau give me the book for free. But Columbia Comics handled the shipping (including costs) of that book to me, for free. Glad to pay for some copies.

Can anyone who knew Beau personally, confirm this is him with Bernie Wrightson?

Beauandwrightson_zps0a293a4a.jpg

Just want to reiterate what was posted in the thread about this book, a month or so ago.

Not only did Beau give me the book for free. But Columbia Comics handled the shipping (including costs) of that book to me, for free. Glad to pay for some copies.

That is Beau, and he was very proud of that experience.

:cry:

Sorry for making this brief but I'm driving back from a weekend in Alabama, where I spent time with Beau's wife and her family doing whatever I could to console and help. I'll respond more when I get in front of my computer at home. I just wanted say that she gave me the slabbed copies of our comic. There were 3 that Beau had promised to a few close friends. I will ship those out as soon as I get their addresses. There's one that I'll never part with, one she kept, and one that I would like to include in an auction to help support his wife.

She and Beau's aunt, who was liner a 2nd mother to him have asked me to go through Beau's comics and sell them to raise money to help out during this terribly difficult time. I'll be gathering information and developing a list of books over the next week or so. Please keep a look out for more information about this.

Thanks everyone.

Sorry for making this brief but I'm driving back from a weekend in Alabama, where I spent time with Beau's wife and her family doing whatever I could to console and help. I'll respond more when I get in front of my computer at home. I just wanted say that she gave me the slabbed copies of our comic. There were 3 that Beau had promised to a few close friends. I will ship those out as soon as I get their addresses. There's one that I'll never part with, one she kept, and one that I would like to include in an auction to help support his wife.

She and Beau's aunt, who was liner a 2nd mother to him have asked me to go through Beau's comics and sell them to raise money to help out during this terribly difficult time. I'll be gathering information and developing a list of books over the next week or so. Please keep a look out for more information about this.

Thanks everyone.

I also just got off the phone with Beau's widow, Sissy, a little while ago.

First off, she wants to thank you all for the offer of assistance. With her current state of mind, having this come directly to Sissy is just not something she can deal with while trying to get through the situation. So she has asked any kind donations or sales be sent to Pat so he can coordinate this for her. Also, please ensure to provide a way to contact you via mail, as Sissy wants to send out a thank you to everyone that took time out to remember Beau.

I have Pat's Paypal address, and will send this over to Brock (Columbia Comics) so between the two of us we can get this out to anyone needing it.

Thanks for everyone's very kind support during an extremely rough time.

:foryou:

I know someone already answered this, but yes, that's Beau and the great and powerful, Bernie Wrightson. I took that picture at Heroes Con in June where Beau and I were passing out our comic that we lovingly called GOKL for short. Beau and I were out in front of the hotel, and there stood Bernie with his Wife. Beau said, "god I'd love to meet that guy", and I said, "so... go meet him." Anyway, with a little goading, I got him to ask to shake his hand. Bernie was the coolest, most genuine guy, and generous with his time. He really seemed to love his fans.

Oh, and even though Beau was really proud of that picture, he hated how he looked in it, but neither one of us wanted to bother Bernie for one more shot.

I already have a signed copy, but would like to help. I can't spend much as I am on disability, but would also like to help spread his work. I would like to buy and pay for a signed book, if still available and then offer it up to somebody who didn't or can't get one.

All the best to his family in their time.

Been away all weekend so I am just seeing this thread now.

Great stuff everyone! If there are any copies left I will take one (signed or unsigned is fine).

In fact, I will pay for Boostergold's copy as well. :foryou:

If there are no books left, please let me know how I can make a donation. Also, please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.