• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

84 posts in this topic

Ron,

If you're going to tell the story at least try getting it right. That's the least you can do.

I think Ron should quit while he is ahead before someone opens up a thread about this book. My 2 cents.

Would love to hear the background on this one

Ron,

If you're going to tell the story at least try getting it right. That's the least you can do.

I think Ron should quit while he is ahead before someone opens up a thread about this book. My 2 cents.

Would love to hear the background on this one

Sounds like we're about to....

OK guys - want to take this to PM.

I am delighted to have bought this book and really do not want the process tainted by something that went on between you guys.

Thankyou.

I am delighted to have bought this book and really do not want the process tainted by something that went on between you guys.

Thankyou.

Out of respect for Beige I'll keep it out of this thread and address it later on the boards. Congrats on getting the book, Beige, and I'm sincerely happy it went to a real collector. PM me your address and I'll be sure you get a certificate for the book. (thumbs u

Thankyou.

Everyone is happy for you. I think what rubs people the wrong way (at least me anyways) is the whole series of events. Let me explain a little further, there were many boardies wanting to know prices of certain books, pms were not answered. Then an announcement was made that the books would be on display. Then there were sales at the show. Seller's book, seller's right. Then comes the giant PR job of how it's the nicest .5 you will ever see, pictures of him with the book along with Royce, how the book is for the grandchildren only to be flipped 2 weeks later. Sorry, but it rubs me the wrong way.If your going to buy a book to flip, buy it and flip it!!!! No need for the about , how happy you are, and it's for my grandchildren.

I, for one am really happy you bought the copy, wish you could have bought it off Royce to begin with!!!!

Thankyou.

Everyone is happy for you. I think what rubs people the wrong way (at least me anyways) is the whole series of events. Let me explain a little further, there were many boardies wanting to know prices of certain books, pms were not answered. Then an announcement was made that the books would be on display. Then there were sales at the show. Seller's book, seller's right. Then comes the giant PR job of how it's the nicest .5 you will ever see, pictures of him with the book along with Royce, how the book is for the grandchildren only to be flipped 2 weeks later. Sorry, but it rubs me the wrong way.If your going to buy a book to flip, buy it and flip it!!!! No need for the about , how happy you are, and it's for my grandchildren.

I, for one am really happy you bought the copy, wish you could have bought it off Royce to begin with!!!!

I am very happy for Beige, CONGRATS to the new owner of the book, but I agree with everything that is said above. And it doesn't help what RR put Royce through before and after the sale of this book, only 2 short weeks ago.

Thankyou.

I am very happy for Beige, CONGRATS to the new owner of the book, but I agree with everything that is said above. And it doesn't help what RR put Royce through before and after the sale of this book, only 2 short weeks ago.

Would love to hear how the deal went down. Something tells me the old " I'm a true collector" it belongs" in a loving home" card was used. I'm sure Royce left money on the table to make this happen to a true collector, only to have the book offered for sale on the boards 2 weeks later. That is classic!!!!

Thankyou.

Congrats on getting a great book.It is ,as everyone said,a stunner for a .5.Im hoping you will have it forever. :cloud9:

Thankyou.

Would love to hear how the deal went down. Something tells me the old " I'm a true collector" it belongs" in a loving home" card was used. I'm sure Royce left money on the table to make this happen to a true collector, only to have the book offered for sale on the boards 2 weeks later. That is classic!!!!

:(

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7079098&fpart=1