• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr Strange #169 CGC graded at a 9.8 White Pages

43 posts in this topic

All you have to do is pay via paypal with your credit card - if it doesn't work out, then you charge back through your credit card company. What could go wrong? :shrug:

PP has denied claims before, mine in 2004 for one, due to a sender showing a delivery confirmation notice from the PO. That seller had lots of feedback, I didn't, and the item wasn't sent(one of two was in an uninsured box).

If suspicious, always create proof of the contents. Create a video of the package unopened, and clearly while it is opened and inspected.

All you have to do is pay via paypal with your credit card - if it doesn't work out, then you charge back through your credit card company. What could go wrong? :shrug:

PP has denied claims before, mine in 2004 for one, due to a sender showing a delivery confirmation notice from the PO. That seller had lots of feedback, I didn't, and the item wasn't sent(one of two was in an uninsured box).

If suspicious, always create proof of the contents. Create a video of the package unopened, and clearly while it is opened and inspected.

A chargeback would solve that problem, but it might create problems with your paypal account.

A chargeback would solve that problem, but it might create problems with your paypal account.

Paypal pizzes and moans and sends nasty-grams, but ultimately, they are hooked on the fees you pay.

I could care less whether they deny claims - the ultimate arbiter is your credit card company - that is why if there is any doubt, don't use your bank account or paypal balance - use your credit card.

Yea, Sold at Heritage in 2002, for a couple hundred more than todays asking price.

That is not unheard of. But still.

Anyone want to bet ice cream on how this turns out? I will take the negative view for that bet.

P.S. I like butter pecan. :)

:cloud9:

Paypal pizzes and moans and sends nasty-grams, but ultimately, they are hooked on the fees you pay.

I could care less whether they deny claims - the ultimate arbiter is your credit card company - that is why if there is any doubt, don't use your bank account or paypal balance - use your credit card.

If you bought the item outside of eBay, do a successful CC chargeback due to item not being as described (say the seller swapped out the book), and PP can't recover the cash from the seller or they deny your claim, they'll pull the money straight from your PP account. It's nowhere near as foolproof as you make it out to be.

If you bought the item outside of eBay, do a successful CC chargeback due to item not being as described (say the seller swapped out the book), and PP can't recover the cash from the seller or they deny your claim, they'll pull the money straight from your PP account. It's nowhere near as foolproof as you make it out to be.

That has not been my experience, but then I never keep a paypal balance? :shrug:

I just went through an order with my credit card on a $240 sale that didn't pan out, and an email from the seller (not a comic seller) acknowledging the error and saying they would refund my money within 10 days - which they ultimately never did. US Bank would not refund my money, despite the proof I provided to the seller acknowledging the error and the refund. They basically said "Sorry, you got what you ordered, even though it wasn't what you ordered".

Currently waiting for my case to be re-escalated. Mind you, I have been a customer of this bank for 25+ years and they basically told me to pound sand.

You're credit card purchases are not nearly as safe as you think they are. I'd never throw my credit card information around simply because I felt if I got screwed, I'd be protected. That's an expensive lesson to learn after-the-fact.

I just went through an order with my credit card on a $240 sale that didn't pan out, and an email from the seller (not a comic seller) acknowledging the error and saying they would refund my money within 10 days - which they ultimately never did. US Bank would not refund my money, despite the proof I provided to the seller acknowledging the error and the refund. They basically said "Sorry, you got what you ordered, even though it wasn't what you ordered".

Currently waiting for my case to be re-escalated. Mind you, I have been a customer of this bank for 25+ years and they basically told me to pound sand.

You're credit card purchases are not nearly as safe as you think they are. I'd never throw my credit card information around simply because I felt if I got screwed, I'd be protected. That's an expensive lesson to learn after-the-fact.

I would get a new credit card company / bank. I never got that kind of runaround by Discover or USAA - I do not recall if I've done chargebacks through Bank of America or Chase. We have had and still do have some dealings with U.S. Bank (for a variety of reasons), and they aren't the most customer-oriented financial institution. If you are eligible, USAA is a top company, and I highly recommend it for many financial purposes.

I had a recent experience with my Sears card with a delivery gone south that worked out fine on the credit card end because the vendor quickly reversed the charge. UPS though is now billing me for the associated shipping because we refused delivery on damaged goods. Anyone know the best way to respond to that? I never contracted with them directly; should I simply say there is no contract with them?

I wonder what the agenda of the "seller" is here and on the GS Xmen 1 thread. Just trolling for attention or someone with ill intentions

The email addresses he's creating lead me to believe he's just messing with our heads. His next one will be you'renotreallyfallingforthisareyou@gmail.com.

Just as a follow up guys, never responded to my email agreeing to buy it etc. Obviously not a real sale. Didn't think it was to begin with, and never transferred any money. Perhaps he was fishing for someone else.

I emailed the seller. They said you wanted to wait until Friday to make payment. ???