• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artist`s signature in book.

43 posts in this topic

In fact, why don't you find me one book with an interior signature that got a green label because of the signature. yeahok.gif

Find me one book post-1970 with a signature and a blue label . . . blush.gif

Here you go. X-Men #94 signed on first page by the entire creative team, in a what . . . can't hear you . . did you say a BLUE HOLDER???? YES YOU DID!!!

In fact, why don't you find me one book with an interior signature that got a green label because of the signature. yeahok.gif

Find me one from ANY era with a green label due to an interior signature. confused-smiley-013.gif

see prior mea culpa sorry.gif

Green label is the Qualified Grade right?Meaning that for all intents and purposes it grades at, say 9.2, but that the signature does not fit current grading criteria,so the book w/ sig. can`t be graded as equal to a like book without sig.

Maybe I should have said a qualified 9.2 is the grade it would get if the signature were not present?

I think I got it... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

No, green label means they can't verify that the signature is accurate. The Overstreet Grading Guide "suggests" that creator signatures should not be treated as defects in Mint 9.9 or below. CGC appears not to deduct for them at all, as noted by the fact that at least one of the Dave Sim File Copies of Cerebus is in a Signature Series Gem Mint 10.0 holder, and there are also several Mint 9.9s from the same file copy collection.

Find me one from ANY era with a green label due to an interior signature. confused-smiley-013.gif

see prior mea culpa sorry.gif

Sorry, but I'm still waiting for Deathlok to grovel. headbang.gif

Hey Rick, where you at? poke2.gif

Damn that high horse is just right for you.

The screwy.gif was to signify that it might not say "Erik Larsen" on the label. If the sig is on the interior of the book it would get a blue label. If the sig is on the outside it would get a green label. Most people are aware of this if they have been on the boards for awhile.

Most interior signatures just get the notation "name written on first page", unless it is a distinct signature like Kirby or Stan Lee. As illustrated in your examples.

you really need to learn to find a new hobby FFB if you get feel you're so superior to us all. hail.gif

The screwy.gif was to signify that it might not say "Erik Larsen" on the label. If the sig is on the interior of the book it would get a blue label. If the sig is on the outside it would get a green label. Most people are aware of this if they have been on the boards for awhile.

Most interior signatures just get the notation "name written on first page", unless it is a distinct signature like Kirby or Stan Lee. As illustrated in your examples.

you really need to learn to find a new hobby FFB if you get feel you're so superior to us all. hail.gif

Man, you sure are a whiny [!@#%^&^] lately. 27_laughing.gif

It has to due to a disdain for lawyers recently. It's like that old joke "What do you call 50,000 dead lawyers?"

"A good start" 27_laughing.gif

It has to due to a disdain for lawyers recently. It's like that old joke "What do you call 50,000 dead lawyers?"

Oooooooold one. sleeping.gif

Here one I like better:

The devil visited a lawyer's office and made him an offer. "I can arrange some things for you, " the devil said. "I'll increase your income five-fold. Your partners will love you; your clients will respect you; you'll have four months of vacation each year and live to be a hundred. All I require in return is that your wife's soul, your children's souls, and their children's souls rot in hell for eternity."

The lawyer thought for a moment. "What's the catch?" he asked.

acclaim.gifyay.gif

Here one I like better:

The devil visited a lawyer's office and made him an offer. "I can arrange some things for you, " the devil said. "I'll increase your income five-fold. Your partners will love you; your clients will respect you; you'll have four months of vacation each year and live to be a hundred. All I require in return is that your wife's soul, your children's souls, and their children's souls rot in hell for eternity."

acclaim.gifyay.gif

Must be lawyer humor.... sleeping.gif I like the ones where lawyers look stupid. Those just make me laugh out loud. 27_laughing.gif

Here one I like better:

acclaim.gifyay.gif

Must be lawyer humor.... sleeping.gif I like the ones where lawyers look stupid. Those just make me laugh out loud. 27_laughing.gif

I like jokes about people who collect too many copies of Astonishing Tales #25. Now THERE'S stupid for ya. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

Here one I like better:

acclaim.gifyay.gif

I like jokes about people who collect too many copies of Astonishing Tales #25. Now THERE'S stupid for ya. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

acclaim.gif

gossip.gif Can I see it next week? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifgossip.gif

cloud9.gif I've seen it. It's sweet! thumbsup2.gif

Glad you liked it, Jeff!

Divad, of course you can see it. ...for a nominal fee. stooges.gifhi.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif How can we be sure the signatures are even legit? For all we know, the guy who sold it to you could have written them down himself... I hear he has a bunch of comics "signed" by Stan Lee and other comic creators... gossip.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif How can we be sure the signatures are even legit? For all we know, the guy who sold it to you could have written them down himself... I hear he has a bunch of comics "signed" by Stan Lee and other comic creators... gossip.gif

For as long as it took you to get that book to me, you could have at least written Joe Sinnott's name in there too. It would have saved me the postage it will cost to send it to him! stooges.gif