• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Comics do you Reread Often?

54 posts in this topic

Another thread in CG got me thinking, what comics do you guys re-read with any frequency (as opposed to what most of us do with most of our books which is read them once, bag them, box them, and file them away)?

These could be books you've read multiple times when the mood hits you, ones you try to read on some interval, or whatever... just curious what books drive you to read them multiple times....

I read and re-read with pleasure Sandman Mystery Theater. I like how the relationship of the characters evolved through time in the background of the current cases the Sandman is working on.

Otherwise, there are too many new stories to explore to dedicate too much re-reading time to most stories. I'd love to re-read Strangers in Paradise from the beginning though. I should pull the issues out hm

I re-read Daytripper by Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon every year on my birthday.

1401229697_01.jpg

I've read Queen & Country a few times too.

I think Im going to re-read DMZ too soon.

I also re-read the last Walking Dead HC when I get the new one to try and remember what happened last year....

Infinity Guantlet. About once a year I read this TPB. I've read it at least 20 times. Wolverine #75 is also a favorite - all around good book, and one of the last times we see the real Wolverine. After about issue #90, they could never get him the same again.

And every Christmas: The Lobo Paramilitary Xmas Special.

The Avengers-Defenders War and the Kree-Skrull War, I have re-read several times. I read the Avengers-Defenders, I read as it came out. The other was a bit before I started but picked them up when you could buy back issues on the cheap and didn't care about grades because they were just for reading and enjoying.

I've re-read the run of Invincible a few times now. I think three times in total. I often pull out Batman The Dark Halloween and read it over again. I've read most of JMS run on ASM close to three times. Todd McFarlanes run on ASM a few times. I've read USM from start to finish a few times.

I re-read Daytripper by Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon every year on my birthday.

1401229697_01.jpg

I've read Queen & Country a few times too.

I think Im going to re-read DMZ too soon.

I also re-read the last Walking Dead HC when I get the new one to try and remember what happened last year....

I've thought about re-reading Daytripper. The birthday idea is really cool.

With the news of the Queen and Country movie I've been wanting to fill in my collection on the book. Issues could be had for cheap a year ago and I didn't do it. I was buying up the collections but if I love a book enough I will just go buy the singles.

I've contemplated re-reading DMZ the last few weeks. I loved the beginning, but didn't care for the end. I wonder if it was because I was reading it monthly at that point though. In a straight sitting I loved it.

Sounds like we have similar taste.

Whatever Happened To the Man of Tomorrow.

Astro City- its funny, I've read these several times now and each time, I forget what happens next.

Starlin's Captain Marvel run

I Saw It. I read this every year in August. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

The first few DNAgents. I just love the flow of those early stories.

I almost never re-read anything... And it's not because I don't want too, it's because there are too many damn books I still have yet to read that I want to, that I can't justify spending time re-reading stuff!

Batman: Year One

Batman: The dark Knight returns

Batman: The Long halloween

Dardevil 181

Old man Logan

Planet hulk

FF 25-26, 112

Avengers 3 + JIM 112

Conan 1-100

ASM 121 - 122

Silver Surfer 3

and many others