• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15

39 posts in this topic

I always get a kick out of it when the lawyers around here get their law on. It's like the IQ and seriousness level is raised 500% and I have to check to see if I'm still on the same forum.

I can tell some fart jokes to bring it back down to your level, Rob. poke2.gif

I always get a kick out of it when the lawyers around here get their law on. It's like the IQ and seriousness level is raised 500% and I have to check to see if I'm still on the same forum.

thumbsup2.gif

Hey I never heard a fart joke that didn't make me laugh. 27_laughing.gif

Hey I never heard a fart joke that didn't make me laugh. 27_laughing.gif

A man who had been doing chores around the house all day was feeling stiff and sore. His wife, who was very pleased at her husband's initiative, decided to reward him by drawing him a hot bath, serving him a nice Rye whiskey, and joining him later for some extra fun.

The husband was quite happy to be pampered in this manner, so he lay in the tub, and called out for his wife to bring him his drink.

She said: If there's anything else I can do for you dear, just call for it, and I'll be happy to bring it up to you.

As soon as he heard her reach the bottom of the stairs, he let out a long, burbly bathtub fart, which produced enough stink filled bubbles to fog up the entire bathroom.

Moments later, his wife enters the room with a hot water bottle.

The confused husband looks up and says: What on earth gave you the idea that I needed a hot water bottle?

She answers: Didn't you just say, "Whataboutahottawaterbottle?"

Youre right, i dont know what Im talking about...Im not a lawyer, but Ive been talking to some and picked up a little here and little there, Im not sure on ANY of the terminology (as this was a while ago, and even then I wasn't sure on the terminology), I am sure they did come up with something that would hold them liable. The reason why they didn't want to go through with the class suit was because of the millions of dollars of notice money they would have to put out and either they didn't have the money or couldnt find investors (or the payout wouldn't be anything substantial).

I don't doubt that you may have spoken to someone who was a lawyer, but I will tell you that in my experience (which includes defending against several consumer class action lawsuits) I have never seen a class action plaintiff's lawyer worth his salt walk away from a suit against an entity like Ebay because of something like notice fees. In California, especially, Business & Professions Code section 17200 and the private attorney general statute (which permits a lawyer to apply for attorney's fees at what I think are grossly inflated rates, PLUS a multiplier, in cases such as a consumer class action case) would give the lawyer (who already has a huge war chest for things like notice fees) a huge arsenal of weaponry.

The attorney's fees in a class action suit of this magnitude would be several million dollars, if not tens of millions, which would offer more than enough of an incentive to take the case if there was any solid theory of liability. And if the defendant is truly liable for anything, the defendant usually has to pay the notice fees as part of the eventual settlement.

More likely, the reason no one has gone ahead with the suit is because ebay can't be held liable for the things you're talking about. They specifically disclaim any such liability in their user agreement, and buyers and sellers agree to those terms as a condition of using the site.

Go get 'em, Tiger! thumbsup2.gif You're so cute when you get a full head of steam going! flowerred.gif

Youre right, i dont know what Im talking about...Im not a lawyer, but Ive been talking to some and picked up a little here and little there, Im not sure on ANY of the terminology (as this was a while ago, and even then I wasn't sure on the terminology), I am sure they did come up with something that would hold them liable. The reason why they didn't want to go through with the class suit was because of the millions of dollars of notice money they would have to put out and either they didn't have the money or couldnt find investors (or the payout wouldn't be anything substantial).

I don't doubt that you may have spoken to someone who was a lawyer, but I will tell you that in my experience (which includes defending against several consumer class action lawsuits) I have never seen a class action plaintiff's lawyer worth his salt walk away from a suit against an entity like Ebay because of something like notice fees. In California, especially, Business & Professions Code section 17200 and the private attorney general statute (which permits a lawyer to apply for attorney's fees at what I think are grossly inflated rates, PLUS a multiplier, in cases such as a consumer class action case) would give the lawyer (who already has a huge war chest for things like notice fees) a huge arsenal of weaponry.

The attorney's fees in a class action suit of this magnitude would be several million dollars, if not tens of millions, which would offer more than enough of an incentive to take the case if there was any solid theory of liability. And if the defendant is truly liable for anything, the defendant usually has to pay the notice fees as part of the eventual settlement.

More likely, the reason no one has gone ahead with the suit is because ebay can't be held liable for the things you're talking about. They specifically disclaim any such liability in their user agreement, and buyers and sellers agree to those terms as a condition of using the site.

Go get 'em, Tiger! thumbsup2.gif You're so cute when you get a full head of steam going! flowerred.gif

You mean that in a Viking way, not in a gay way, right? blush.gif

It's been awhile since a grown man called me "cute." makepoint.gif

I wanna be a lawyer too. I'm not cute like FFB, though!

Yeah, take a pass on that one. After 2.5 years of law school I am anything but cute. More like skeptical, over-analytical and slightly jaded (soon to be completely jaded).

You Goonie!

3995.jpg

My future bar application admissions.....

"Okay! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog...When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out...But the worst thing I ever done -- I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa -- and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life."

You Goonie!

3995.jpg

My future bar application admissions.....

"Okay! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog...When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out...But the worst thing I ever done -- I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa -- and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life."

I'm beginning to like this kid, Ma.

It's been awhile since a grown man called me "cute." makepoint.gif

S-A-R-C-A-S-M makepoint.gif

Sorry, didn't mean to bust your bubble! flowerred.gif

Sarchasm: the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Sarchasm: the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.

That's not bad. Make it up yourself?

Yes, right after I created the internet.

stooges.gif

Actually, nope, I can't take credit for it. It's from the Washington' Post's Style Invitational. Here are some other good ones.