• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sugar and Spike #73 Nov.1967 Wow!!!

12 posts in this topic

My brother found this recently at an estate sale. It was still in the original local drug store bag with the receipt; just this one book. Amazing condition. Purple distributor's ink overspray along the whole top edge with a little going down the upper spine. It does have a few very subtle non-color breaking finger dents that could probably be handled with pressing. Since very few of these surface in nice condition (there are only 4 copies total in the census, with the top grade being 9.2), just how good a grade do you think this one could do. I know there is probably a very narrow market for this genre, but still worth the effort don't you think?

QZn8FKUs.jpg

SWcLm1Os.jpg

I love stories like this. Rather than shelling out a ton of money for an already CGC graded one when it comes to auction or something, you find one with some detective skills and hit the jackpot. The best feeling....congrats.

I thought we had kept the original bag and receipt we found the book in, but we can't find it. I have a sick feeling it got tossed my accident. I thought it would be so cool to have that too to put along with the book. :facepalm:

Look on the bright side! Better the bag and receipt than the book!smiley-gen130.gif