• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uh oh...

431 posts in this topic

Red Rocks pleaded with Designer Toast to give him an unbelievable deal on a Superman #1.

He used the "true collector"... "Cherish the book"... "Hand it down to my grand kids" etc. ploy. Then when he got the book, asked for a discount bc he felt ripped off while at the same time trying to sell the book for a substantial profit.

He's a lying, spineless snake that took advantage of someone's kindness, generosity and care for this hobby we all love to make a quick buck. Then boasted about it :acclaim: while calling all Boardies drama queens and losers. (thumbs u

I don't even understand why that works. Don't sell comics for way less than they're worth. I don't care what their story is. It's a commodity. He can buy a reprint if he's strapped for cash.

I guess for a longtime friend maybe it would be different. Or maybe it wouldn't. A longtime friend could pull this too.

I wouldn't be swayed in the slightest.