• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shaolin Cowboy

22 posts in this topic

Love me some Shaolin Cowboy! Just got this in today. Special shout out to Za Crew who pressed this baby into a 9.8. I don't know what he thought but it was probably a 9.4 to 9.6 before.

I really enjoyed the first issue of the new series as well. Can't wait for more!

IMG_0391.jpg

What happened to the Wacho$#$#$#$#$#$# company that was originally putting these out? I'm guessing it wasn't financially worth it.

Also curious if the Frankenstein property was bought by DH or someone else.

Got to love Cowboys make-shift chainsaw!

Pat

Nice book. I just picked up Darrow's "city of fire" portfolio that he did with Moebius. Amazing stuff.

Nice pickup! That portfolio is hard to find...and pricey.

For HARD-BOILED fans, there may be some news upcoming, if Geof can work out details with his partner on the project...fingers crossed!

Love me some Shaolin Cowboy! Just got this in today. Special shout out to Za Crew who pressed this baby into a 9.8. I don't know what he thought but it was probably a 9.4 to 9.6 before.

I really enjoyed the first issue of the new series as well. Can't wait for more!

IMG_0391.jpg

#2 was odd and I could deal with it.

But #3 flat out pissed me off. It's the same sequence over and over. I had to check #2 to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

I'm flipping thru #4. If it's not evolving, it's going to the dumper.

Pat

#2 was odd and I could deal with it.

But #3 flat out pissed me off. It's the same sequence over and over. I had to check #2 to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

I'm flipping thru #4. If it's not evolving, it's going to the dumper.

Pat

You are not alone. I felt the exact same way while reading (or should I say viewing). I'll be picking up #4 regardless because of the art but it would be nice if there is somewhat of a story.

It's only a 4 issue mini series. It's pretty obvious its just Darrows drawing whatever the hell he wants, and that has been Shaolin Cowboy slaying zombies for 90 some odd pages with a double chainsaw staff, I'm not sure why anyone would be expecting plot development in what is basically the final issue of a 4 issue action scene. I'm enjoying it personally but you're basically buying Darrows art and not a story.

I could respect that if it wasn't the same panel for 2 entire issues.

Pat

Yeah, thats a pretty legitimate gripe in that it's stretching one scene basically into a 4 issue mini series so I can agree with that. It would be different if a lot of the action were drawn more fluidly but it feels like I'm just looking at 30 different angles of each shot instead.