• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAP. AMERICA #100 CLUB: CLOTHING OPTIONAL

99 posts in this topic

Here is my copy along with some of my other cap books. He's one of my favorite characters besides the punisher.

8df1b7f0a14ea864a6418a22625fc555.jpg

NICE STASH BRO!!!! I think you've gotta put me in your will or adopt me!!! :)

Haha I'm in my mid twenties its going to be a while bro :preach:

Some others

69358a4f6134ba1954d05d46301ac50b.jpg6763dc77cb75c0b9d7974559f1406d5c.jpg2c926f0a1029f99d6b8641813088fec0.jpge355fd69abb3c605c375066ba3142956.jpg

That all white new marvel now cap 1 I'm going to get a commission done on at my first con. I want to get GA looking cap drawing With his first shied.

It's lookin good!

I've picked up some caps since then as well my cap 117

I'm dizzy from all the influx of members!!! I gotta say that Mexican edition is pretty badass! There's just something over the top about "El Captain America".

I also wonder how they choose a color palette or layout for foreign reprints....they aren't precisely the same as the American print......and between the Japanese and the Mexican versions we've seen so far it appears they pick both coloration and layout that is more appropo for the demographics of consumers there....but at the same time retaining the core elements of the original.

You can even see a black shadow of someone else behind the main characters that's not evident on any other print but in the Mexican version...

I'm dizzy from all the influx of members!!! I gotta say that Mexican edition is pretty badass! There's just something over the top about "El Captain America".

I also wonder how they choose a color palette or layout for foreign reprints....they aren't precisely the same as the American print......and between the Japanese and the Mexican versions we've seen so far it appears they pick both coloration and layout that is more appropo for the demographics of consumers there....but at the same time retaining the core elements of the original.

You can even see a black shadow of someone else behind the main characters that's not evident on any other print but in the Mexican version...

Also interesting that there are differences to the artwork btw mexican/america. Look at Caps face on the Mexican and then the American. There are lines on the face on the mexican that aren't on the american. hm

Also interesting that there are differences to the artwork btw mexican/america. Look at Caps face on the Mexican and then the American. There are lines on the face on the mexican that aren't on the american. hm

That's a super subtle facial feature, but very present difference....

I wonder if 'white' backgrounds and more mature looking heros just sold/sell better in Mexico? It'd be interesting to hear the backstory right from the publishers/artists why they chose to make certain alterations....

there are reasons for the artwork adjustments/fixes...

Marvel and DC had multiple contracts/license with foreign publishers all over the world like Brazil, Mexico, Lebanon, Philippines, Australia, etc. etc....

the editors in these countries had to re-edit the artwork and translations into their respective languages. Marvel and DC had no quality control and did not govern or censor the artistic changes....

Marvel and DC were getting royalty/licensee checks so they did not care...

I have a near complete set of foreing Batman 227s and even Neal Adams himself did not know that DC gave licenses to these foreign countries. They re-drew the face on his most famous cover

see votes here.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4953437&fpart=1

In 1986 in Brazil, the editors took out the girl running away from the villain and drew in Robin kicking him. I took many pics of Neal laughing and pointing to his own artwork that he had never seen in 40 years of the publishing dates

In Norway, They had strict rules on depicting violence so they whited out plane crash, someone shooting a gun, and even Superman holding hands with Lois Lane

In Brazil, they really went crazy on the Captain America #100, ill have to dig it up this weekend

Rube picked up his Cap 100 from WWComics. He took a bad hit on that book when he sold it to you ( he had had it listed on the Boards for a while with no takers at his asking price ) :eek:

Link

It was at a time that we were neck and neck in the Marvel SA First Issue race ... I won.

I'm aware Rube asked for a very nominal amount considering that this particular issue and grade had sold for a record amt. of $9001.00 back in 2011. It still hasn't quite rebounded to that figure yet, but with all these Captain America and Avengers movies planned, it'd be almost unimaginable for it not to set another unprecedented amount in the forseeable future.

Rube as I mentioned before is a stand-up guy. I'm grateful for his opportunity to purchase my Cap 100 and at the same time was saddened by the circumstances that led him to sell it. Even more surprising was that it didn't get sold earlier considering how far off GPA the asking price was.

Anyway, I digress. If anyone ever has an opportunity to purchase practically anything from Rube I'd highly suggest you don't think twice. Almost everything that boy touches is golden and so well priced you'd think it fell off a truck somewhere...lol.

Actually just came across this thread...yep I sold that book AND some others at lower then purchased prices in the past, but its the way of the comic world. I also have done very well with others so it more then evens out. I decided to sell out my personal collection over a year ago because of personal reasons but have now found my way back buying raw books and getting them graded. IF you saw any of my recent for sale threads I am still having ALOT of luck finding high grade books that are being offered to the boardies. There is another 120 or so right now at CGC that should all come back hopefully highly graded and just about everyone is silver/bronze....including a couple more Cap 100's though not at 9.8

Keep an eye out because I will start getting them back probably next week or so.

Rube

Hey Peter!!!! way back in August you tried helping me find that Portuguese Spiderman McFarlane Magazine I just found this week. Over a year of looking Im pretty stoked about it. but it wont top that brazilian batman 251 you got for me.

cant thank you enough my friend!

Hey Peter!!!! way back in August you tried helping me find that Portuguese Spiderman McFarlane Magazine I just found this week. Over a year of looking Im pretty stoked about it. but it wont top that brazilian batman 251 you got for me.

cant thank you enough my friend!

(thumbs u

Drop me a line if ever you need help ...

Only copy in the United States.

Mexican Edition of Cap 100. I found another copy way down in Argentina I offered $1500 but the guy will not sell.

20131017_193811_zps183addfb.jpg

Love the Zemo shadow on this edition. Very, very cool. (thumbs u

zemo shadow? i gotta go check it out what your talking about hm

this cap 100 by far is one of my most beloved foreign books.

beleive it or not my girlfriend found it by facebooking people from her hometown out of Chiapas Mexico. She knows I love this book :):cloud9:

Rube picked up his Cap 100 from WWComics. He took a bad hit on that book when he sold it to you ( he had had it listed on the Boards for a while with no takers at his asking price ) :eek:

Link

It was at a time that we were neck and neck in the Marvel SA First Issue race ... I won.

I'm aware Rube asked for a very nominal amount considering that this particular issue and grade had sold for a record amt. of $9001.00 back in 2011. It still hasn't quite rebounded to that figure yet, but with all these Captain America and Avengers movies planned, it'd be almost unimaginable for it not to set another unprecedented amount in the forseeable future.

Rube as I mentioned before is a stand-up guy. I'm grateful for his opportunity to purchase my Cap 100 and at the same time was saddened by the circumstances that led him to sell it. Even more surprising was that it didn't get sold earlier considering how far off GPA the asking price was.

Anyway, I digress. If anyone ever has an opportunity to purchase practically anything from Rube I'd highly suggest you don't think twice. Almost everything that boy touches is golden and so well priced you'd think it fell off a truck somewhere...lol.

Actually just came across this thread...yep I sold that book AND some others at lower then purchased prices in the past, but its the way of the comic world. I also have done very well with others so it more then evens out. I decided to sell out my personal collection over a year ago because of personal reasons but have now found my way back buying raw books and getting them graded. IF you saw any of my recent for sale threads I am still having ALOT of luck finding high grade books that are being offered to the boardies. There is another 120 or so right now at CGC that should all come back hopefully highly graded and just about everyone is silver/bronze....including a couple more Cap 100's though not at 9.8

Keep an eye out because I will start getting them back probably next week or so.

Rube

im hearing too many great things to pass up on any of your sales threads. Can you please shoot me link or keep me in the loop? Boardie referrals dont get better than this ! Some of my most prized foreign books are because of boardies here :whatev:(worship)