• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAP. AMERICA #100 CLUB: CLOTHING OPTIONAL

99 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I figured this is a good time for my 1st post on the boards. Here's my Cap 100. Bought from Mile High a few years back...

[

Really nice copies of Cap #100 wasteddraftpicks and GoldCap. :grin:

Hey everyone! I figured this is a good time for my 1st post on the boards. Here's my Cap 100. Bought from Mile High a few years back...

12999664933_f17122d35d.jpg

:applause: WTTB

Here's my copy of #100 that I picked up in a group of books at an

auction years ago. For some reason the original owner clipped the

top corner.

11757088836_628da353e7.jpg

mm

Here is my entry I sold my low grade copy for a higher graded one it will be Cgc'd soon

2bd00670616f3e1e82d0662cba2f583d.jpg

Finally got my book back now

2c2702438634c3b8fd845b0007d6638b.jpg

Gratz bro!!! 'Tis a fine looking book.... :applause:

Did you press her?

Here is my entry I sold my low grade copy for a higher graded one it will be Cgc'd soon

2bd00670616f3e1e82d0662cba2f583d.jpg

Finally got my book back now

2c2702438634c3b8fd845b0007d6638b.jpg

Gratz bro!!! 'Tis a fine looking book.... :applause:

Did you press her?

Sure did. Love the book but may look to move it to move it. With the proceeds get a Mid grade SS

Picked up this sweet 9.8 white page copy from Ghost Town (Barton) so I just as well join the Cap 100 club !!!

I don’t think I will ever sell this book as long as I’m alive (thumbs u

100a_zpsce6b36f3.jpg

My under copy …

100_zps7c0b0b57.jpg

Picked up this sweet 9.8 white page copy from Ghost Town (Barton) so I just as well join the Cap 100 club !!!

100a_zpsce6b36f3.jpg

My under copy …

100_zps7c0b0b57.jpg

HOLY MACKEREL!!!!!

CGC census numbers in HG will continue to go up ( albeit slowly and that book in 9.8 will stay at 4-4.5k for the longest with a natural tendency to dip slightly lower in the years to come.

I'd rather not take the thread in this direction Pete. I do respect your opinion on the matter however. That said, in spite of the precipitous drop previously seen, the most recent sale was $5600 in August. A year prior to that in August another sold for $6000. So I'm not entirely sure a 4-4.5 price range is a guaranteed thing. The last time that was a stable range was between 2006-2008. I agree also that the high grade census has grown, but I don't realistically have any reason to believe it's going to grow by 25% or more in that grade at any point in the forseeable future. Heck, we haven't even seen many folks slab this issue in spite of the extra Marvel exposure. Fact is that even when Rube bought his, there were only 22 on the census in 9.8 and 2 in 9.9. Now there are 25 in 9.8 and still 2 in 9.9.

Anyway, this isn't a speculation on pricing thread. It is an appreciation thread, and you certainly are welcome in the mix.

If you see another 9.8 for 4-4.5K let me know. I'd be interested in acquiring another.

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=49194

CGC census numbers in HG will continue to go up ( albeit slowly and that book in 9.8 will stay at 4-4.5k for the longest with a natural tendency to dip slightly lower in the years to come.

I'd rather not take the thread in this direction Pete. I do respect your opinion on the matter however. That said, in spite of the precipitous drop previously seen, the most recent sale was $5600 in August. A year prior to that in August another sold for $6000. So I'm not entirely sure a 4-4.5 price range is a guaranteed thing. The last time that was a stable range was between 2006-2008. I agree also that the high grade census has grown, but I don't realistically have any reason to believe it's going to grow by 25% or more in that grade at any point in the forseeable future. Heck, we haven't even seen many folks slab this issue in spite of the extra Marvel exposure. Fact is that even when Rube bought his, there were only 22 on the census in 9.8 and 2 in 9.9. Now there are 25 in 9.8 and still 2 in 9.9.

Anyway, this isn't a speculation on pricing thread. It is an appreciation thread, and you certainly are welcome in the mix.

If you see another 9.8 for 4-4.5K let me know. I'd be interested in acquiring another.

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=49194

Would have been nice to have seen that auction before the hammer fell. I know someone that would have jumped on that auction at that price. Sad thing is I'm not sure many folks even saw that up for bid. :(

100a_zpsce6b36f3.jpg

The whites on that copy are almost blinding! (worship)