• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Original Writer Formerly Known As Alan Moore

74 posts in this topic

Moore is a nutbag of the highest order. If he doesn't want his name on them, why begrudge a nutbag his personal lubricant.

I'm looking for a damn to give, but I'm having trouble finding one.

I didn't think MARVEL would actually agree to do this, but they are going ahead with leaving Moore's name out of the property.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/17/the-original-writer-formerly-known-as-alan-moore/

I know Moore want's it this way, but I kinda find it sad. :(

Getting Moore to sign this book would be the perfect storm. :cloud9:

I didn't think MARVEL would actually agree to do this, but they are going ahead with leaving Moore's name out of the property.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/17/the-original-writer-formerly-known-as-alan-moore/

My friend on the other side of the world, how are you? :applause:

My friend on the other side of the world, how are you? :applause:

Upside down. :hi:

Moore sticking it to the Multinationals again :facepalm:

What does he think this will achieve? (shrug)

Maybe he thinks floppy reprints with "only 1,275,902 variant covers for each issue" is lame (like everyone else) and wants no part of it. :shrug:

I've greatly enjoyed some of Moore's work, like Watchmen and Swampthing, but found others downright difficult to read, such as V for Vendetta and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I don't think he's the genius some make him out to be, and I can only suspect that he's scrambled his brain with copious amounts of LSD. That said I don't know why he keeps wanting to take his name off of things he's associated with, but I can't say I really care.

I think he has said something to the effect of "stop making money off my old ideas and do something new" as to why he doesn't want his name used on this kind of thing. I'm sure being into majik or whatever he thinks his name has power and wants to control how it is used. I know most of us would be like hell yeah reprint that dusty old story and slap my name in lights and send me a fat check, but some people have different ethics.

I think he has said something to the effect of "stop making money off my old ideas and do something new" as to why he doesn't want his name used on this kind of thing. I'm sure being into majik or whatever he thinks his name has power and wants to control how it is used. I know most of us would be like hell yeah reprint that dusty old story and slap my name in lights and send me a fat check, but some people have different ethics.

Which is like the most ridculous thing ever, considering his career path.