• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Batman Arkham Origins Thread

87 posts in this topic

You know... I recently finished the Deathstroke fight, and then left the Penguin's boat followed by clearing out some of the Riddler side quests ... and I can't help but feel like I'm not really *getting* why this is an "Origins" story. At all.

Don't get me wrong - it's fun playing another Arkham game, but I'm just failing to see a common thread tying it all together. Anyone else feel this way?

You know... I recently finished the Deathstroke fight, and then left the Penguin's boat followed by clearing out some of the Riddler side quests ... and I can't help but feel like I'm not really *getting* why this is an "Origins" story. At all.

Don't get me wrong - it's fun playing another Arkham game, but I'm just failing to see a common thread tying it all together. Anyone else feel this way?

I felt the same way you do at the same exact point. The game and the flow at the beginning are really bad/weird. Storywise it gets simply amazing, with things happening to introduce new people to batman to things they don't know and stuff to make fanboys jump for joy.

I honestly hated this game. The storyline was so so at best, very disjointed, doesn't even fit with the other two games. Though my experience may have been dampened because I was playing it on PC which has so many bugs it isn't even funny, to the point where it breaks the game and any enjoyment you get from playing it. Hope it is better on PC, and glad some people are enjoying it. Really sad to see that WB was looking for an annual cash grab and shoved this over onto WB Montreal (a team that has shown in the past they cannot make strong games) instead of just letting Rocksteady take their time on the next game. Sigh...

I felt the same way you do at the same exact point. The game and the flow at the beginning are really bad/weird. Storywise it gets simply amazing, with things happening to introduce new people to batman to things they don't know and stuff to make fanboys jump for joy.

I suppose. COI's spoiler tells you how this is an "Origin" story. But it's not really an origin story for anyone.

It doesn't tell the origin of Batman or Joker. It just serves as a prequel to the first Batman game.

I'm all for a new Batman game, but this was essentially the last Batman game redux.

Well, now that i'm done the game, some of it I really liked some of it I disliked.

It basically felt like a huge DLC for Arkham City. Partially because Half of the World is exactly the same as AC half because I don't think they did enough to build on Arkham City. There wasn't the enhancements/improvements AC had over AA.

It was still a great game, but Arkham City was better and was such a good game it is hard to follow up on.

My hope for the next game? More Deathstroke, Riddler based story and playable Nightwing and Robin in story.

I suppose. COI's spoiler tells you how this is an "Origin" story. But it's not really an origin story for anyone.

It doesn't tell the origin of Batman or Joker. It just serves as a prequel to the first Batman game.

I'm all for a new Batman game, but this was essentially the last Batman game redux.

Did you watch all the credits and listen to the dialogues? At the end it goes into the "Origin" part.