• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Batman Arkham Origins Thread

87 posts in this topic

Haven't finished it, but I don't think the length is really all that different from the first two games. I downloaded the free fight version for my Ipad. Wouldn't it know, I get to fight DeathStroke again.

Any peeps playing it on PC? I have this on my Christmas list, but I may not be able to hold out until then. I'm in the market for a new GPU and at 1440p I think the 280x is the better option, but darn it for $20 more I can get the GTX 770 which includes the game, and 2 other great ones. It is a pickle.

Never bought a game brand new for $60 but I made an exception on this one. Normally, I feel like I'd hear a lot of guff about the controls being roughly the same as the last games, but I like it - it's a lot easier learning curve. And while some of the fighting does feel a touch repetitive at times, the storyline is really good so far (and yeah, the Deathstroke bit was challenging but not impossible).

Def. a fun game worth losing a few extra hours of sleep over :D

Has anybody been able to get past a certain point? I beat Deathstroke, defeated Anarchy(defused bombs), investigated the murder/messed with Penguin on the boat and now I've been getting all Enigma data packs. There is two network's I can't unlock because it looks like my cryptograph isn't strong enough so the signal gets jammed. Anyway, I haven't had anything pop up. No new bosses or anything, any suggestions?

In the northeast corner, you need the freeze grenades to build a ice raft and use the batclaw to pull yourself inside the tunnel. You will again need the freeze grenades to shut down the steam bents. After another big fight, you can shutdown one of the Riddler networks.

To access some of the Riddler network, you have to be able to use the remote batarang, run the batarang through electric current, and blow out the fusebox. After getting frustrated in earlier Arkham games, I finally mastered the remote batarang.

Another Riddler network could be accessed using the remote batclaw taken from Deathstroke. Use the remote batclaw to build a tight rope between buildings, then use the tight rope to run into the breakable glass and access the Riddler network.

I think the Deathstroke fight was not that hard. Beat in on the 4 try I think. The crime scene investigation stuff is pretty cool. Many of the side missions and puzzles feel the same as Arkham City. I think it's a real drawback to have something as opening a air vent grate be the same animation as AC and just to be the same animation over and over. And the explosive gel blows the same size hole in everything? I don't think they did a great job with the cut scenes either in the timing of the voices and the animation.

Game was ok. Just felt like a straight-up copy of Arkham City. Destroy communication things, shake down thugs to find trophies/data packs, Anarchy's mission was just Zassaz's, and so on.

It seemed like the conversation was, "We need to put another game out in about 2 years. Just take the same Sh*t from before and recycle it. No one will be able to tell the difference."

Game was ok. Just felt like a straight-up copy of Arkham City. Destroy communication things, shake down thugs to find trophies/data packs, Anarchy's mission was just Zassaz's, and so on.

It seemed like the conversation was, "We need to put another game out in about 2 years. Just take the same Sh*t from before and recycle it. No one will be able to tell the difference."

I tend to agree. The main story is good and fun. But it does feel like a rehash of AC. That said, I'm still playing and enjoying. Still have to complete it and then head to the Deathstroke and Black Mask DLC.

Ok, I have played the Bane fight about 50 times now on hard and can't finish it. I have got him down to his last venom boost a few times, but can't finish it off.

A thug always catches me or Bane catches me with his stupid charge enough that I die, over and over again.

Finished the main story, and I enjoyed it overall. It felt like a large DLC expansion to AC as opposed to a stand-along game, which isn't a bad thing.

My only minor gripe is

the story's bait-and-switch. I liked the original premise of Black Mask hiring assassins to take Batman out; it didn't need to turn into another Bats vs the Joker story. I love the Joker, but there are so many other villains that could hold center stage. I did like the way they included Harley Quinn's origin though.