• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Batman Arkham Origins Thread

87 posts in this topic

Release date is now 1 week away!

I know I am not the only one excited for this game.

I am a very casual gamer, but this series has hooked me like none other before. I might actually pick up a game at midnight release for the first time ever.

New gadgets look exciting and I am amped to fight Deathstroke.

The multiplayer looks interesting, hopefully it is good.

Gamer tag is: Batmandeadlift on Xbox 360 if anyone wants to get some matches going.

I am very stoked for this game, but I'm a little worried the PC version is going to get delay again a couple of months. It was that way for Arkham City. I'm a PC gamer so my version is off Steam (gotta have all those PhysX effects).

It was not The Dark Knight movie that dragged me back into comics, it was Batman Arkham Asylum. Picked up the game almost a year after it was already out and it totally blew me away. It also hit home that I was really out of touch with the comics scene. With the exception of Joker, a minor reference to Ras Al Ghul, and Scarecrow, I had no idea who the hell all the other characters were. I quit collecting in '80-'81 and completely missed out on everything up to 2011.

Can't wait for this one :) Did anyone order the collectors edition with the statue?

I ordered it for Arkham City back in the day but not this time around.

I was a dummy and forgot to preorder the collectors edition and now of course you can't get one anywhere. Oh well.

Can't wait for this one :) Did anyone order the collectors edition with the statue?

I was a dummy and forgot to preorder the collectors edition and now of course you can't get one anywhere. Oh well.

You can pick it up second hand for much less in a couple months. It never fails on those.

Cannot wait for this. Almost want to cryogenically freeze myself for the next week. Loved the first two, played Arkham City again recently in prep. For me, it is better than watching one of the movies, it is just so engrossing. Not psyched about the mp, but if it's good then I'm sure I'll wear out some joysticks.

You can pick it up second hand for much less in a couple months. It never fails on those.

I feel silly buying then game and then buying it again a few months later. Probably will anyways. The other sad thing is you know this game will be going for $40 around Black Friday, but there is just no way I could wait an extra month to play it.

I pre-ordered the Collecter's Edition! Cant wait to play this game! I beat Arkham City in 48 hrs (including getting all the riddler puzzles). I refused to go to sleep. lol

Last one I tried to spread it out to savor the experience. This one I am going to finish the first day. Then probably some multiplayer and start new game plus/trophy collecting.

6 days!

I feel silly buying then game and then buying it again a few months later. Probably will anyways. The other sad thing is you know this game will be going for $40 around Black Friday, but there is just no way I could wait an extra month to play it.

I am waiting for Black Friday.

(thumbs u

I am waiting for Black Friday.

(thumbs u [/quote

Good luck not reading any spoilers!

Also if the multiplayer is good it will be tough jumping in to the disadvantage of other players having a months practice.

I love this game series, but I do not have this one pre-ordered. I don't get much gaming time, so I'm still working on GTA V for now. I can't justify spending $60.00 on a game, if I'm just not ready to play it yet. It's next for me after I'm finished with GTA V, though, but that may be another few months away. Also, I'm somewhat apprehensive about the prospect of this game not being developed by Rocksteady Studios. If the reviews are super favorable, I may have to break down and buy it as soon as it comes out.

I upgraded to the definitive edition.... Cannot wait.

I'm also a very casual gamer... and this series is just phenomenal. :)

I have to wait to play though... It's my Mum's birthday on launch date and the next day I get on a plane for a week long business trip.

Anyone who wants to add me:

Xbox: Chimp Daddy

PSN: CheekyChimpanzee

I'll only be getting Origins on XBox though.