• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

Bartman #1 (first appearance of Comic Book Guy)

Simpsons Comics #39 (first Comic Book Guy cover?)

However, Bartman #1 may have had a huge print run, which could prevent it from ever popping.

I feel that X-Men 248 first Jim Lee needs to be added to this list, he is DC's main man now and let's face it this issue is where it all started. One of the best artists if not the best in the last 25 years and this issue should be in everyone's collection.

That's Jim Lee's first X-Men work, not his first work. It'd have more potential if Marvel hadn't systematically eroded the X-Men comic franchise over the last 20 years with a combination of poor stories and overexposure.

I thought he did a backup story in Xmen classics?

That is one terrible ebay ad :roflmao:

The seller needs to learn how to learn how to sell on ebay, He should email Divad whatshisface on here to learn how to do it right.

Oh, please enlighten me on how to sell on eBay.

:eyeroll:

Peace,

Chip

It didn't say "HOT HOT HOT"

You forgot "CGC it!" :acclaim:

Seriously? This is not the thread for discussing theories behind your livelihood. :makepoint:

Seriously? Why don't you just put me on ignore if I bother you THAT much.

Peace,

Chip

Why don't you just pull up your britches? lol

Peace,

Dave

However, Bartman #1 may have had a huge print run, which could prevent it from ever popping.

Why Comic-Book Guy? I think he's one of the least-liked Simpsons characters?

I don't know how this talk became a shipping debate (although I found it interesting), but you guys should be fortunate the USPS has such low rates. I can't ship anywhere near 3-6 bucks for a book through Canada Post.

Why Comic-Book Guy? I think he's one of the least-liked Simpsons characters?

I don't know how this talk became a shipping debate (although I found it interesting), but you guys should be fortunate the USPS has such low rates. I can't ship anywhere near 3-6 bucks for a book through Canada Post.

Comic Book Guy is a known character among even casual fans of The Simpsons. This season, he had a starring role in one episode and played the villain in the most-hyped episode. He appeared just once in Bongo's flagship comic (Simpsons Comics) during its first four years of publication yet had 87 appearances over the next 16 years. He is featured on the cover of all eight Bongo FCBD issues and had a mini-series in 2010. I don't know how well-liked he is, but he is getting a ton of exposure in comics.

Seriously? This is not the thread for discussing theories behind your livelihood. :makepoint:

Let's get back on track. Went looking for X-Men #317 (1st Blink?) in my long boxes based on someone's recommendation, may have pulled it previously as it wasn't where it should be. Did find this one however . . . :grin:

linky-dink

SOLD! (Guess I priced that one too low!) lol

I feel that X-Men 248 first Jim Lee needs to be added to this list, he is DC's main man now and let's face it this issue is where it all started. One of the best artists if not the best in the last 25 years and this issue should be in everyone's collection.

That's Jim Lee's first X-Men work, not his first work. It'd have more potential if Marvel hadn't systematically eroded the X-Men comic franchise over the last 20 years with a combination of poor stories and overexposure.

hm

Racking my brain. Coming up with nothing. May have to do some research.

Let's get back on track. Went looking for X-Men #317 (1st Blink?) in my long boxes based on someone's recommendation, may have pulled it previously as it wasn't where it should be. Did find this one however . . . :grin:

linky-dink

SOLD! (Guess I priced that one too low!) lol

:golfclap:

hm

Racking my brain. Coming up with nothing. May have to do some research.

Classic X-Men #39

Flat rate for an *envelope* is $4.90 to $5.15 depending on the region. I don't ship in envelopes because there's a greater chance of the book being damaged. I ship boxed Priority which gives the comics the best chance to show up in the exact condition they were purchased in. It's also better for the customer as I sell many more higher grade books than I do lower grade.

Also to address an earlier point, a higher opening bid means a higher cost on my end to list the book in the first place. Multiply that by the 510 auctions I'm running this week and you've got a larger operating expense on my end even if it's 10 cents more to list each book.

Finally, a $6.50 shipping charge means I only have $5.85 of that available to me to pay for the cost of shipping the book. Minimum charge to me for shipping one comic from SC to CA is $6.51.

Customer service is the bottom line here while still keeping it realistic for my business to run smoothly.

Peace,

Chip

I'd like to add my testimonial for Chip:

I bought a lot of 19 Star Wars #100 (news stand) issues off Chip a few weeks ago. The packaging was excellent. I have no doubts I received these comics in the condition Chip sent them in. I have no problems paying an extra buck or two over the cost of other shippers when I know the book will arrive in the condition it is described in. It saves me from having to buy the book again and again trying to get the grade I'm looking for. Chip said the books would be packaged "to withstand Godzilla" and they were.

Edited by rjrjr

I really don't see how my shipping costs scare people off, as I now have over 70 followers and more are added every week. When my customers pay for $6.50 shipping, they get a professionally packed and shipped item that arrives safely. I also charge less than 95% of the comic book sellers on eBay do. I need to be able to charge a flat fee for shipping one book so it's easier on me. It's at the lowest cost I can offer. eBay takes 65 cents of that right off the bat as well.

How many auctions do you guys run each week?

Peace,

Chip

Around 700

Flat rate for an *envelope* is $4.90 to $5.15 depending on the region. I don't ship in envelopes because there's a greater chance of the book being damaged. I ship boxed Priority which gives the comics the best chance to show up in the exact condition they were purchased in. It's also better for the customer as I sell many more higher grade books than I do lower grade.

Also to address an earlier point, a higher opening bid means a higher cost on my end to list the book in the first place. Multiply that by the 510 auctions I'm running this week and you've got a larger operating expense on my end even if it's 10 cents more to list each book.

Finally, a $6.50 shipping charge means I only have $5.85 of that available to me to pay for the cost of shipping the book. Minimum charge to me for shipping one comic from SC to CA is $6.51.

Customer service is the bottom line here while still keeping it realistic for my business to run smoothly.

Peace,

Chip

I bought a lot of 19 Star Wars #100 (news stand) issues off Chip a few weeks ago. The packaging was excellent. I have no doubts I received these comics in the condition Chip sent them in. I have no problems paying an extra buck or two over the cost of other shippers when I know the book will arrive in the condition it is described in. It saves me from having to buy the book again and again trying to get the grade I'm looking for. Chip said the books would be packaged "to withstand Godzilla" and they were.

Im guessing most of chips customers and followers are board members. Lower the shipping cost and he gets more ebay customers. Board members on ebay are cool, but they make up less than 1 percent of ebay customers. Board members dont mind the extra shipping cost, but ebay customers do. It just really depends on if he is trying to expand or not.

Peace,

Chip

Im guessing most of chips customers and followers are board members. Lower the shipping cost and he gets more ebay customers. Board members on ebay are cool, but they make up less than 1 percent of ebay customers. Board members dont mind the extra shipping cost, but ebay customers do. It just really depends on if he is trying to expand or not.

Seriously, if a buyer doesn't recognize the value of paying for shipping, than I don't think they recognize the value of the book they're buying. I charge exactly what it costs to PM ship, and books are extremely well-packed. But then again, I'm not looking for the three-fiddy customer.

As to Chip, he's a doink. Start your own "look at me" thread, Chip. We really don't want to discuss your dirty laundry here. :sumo:

Even if he's being a , he does have a point Chip. Might be more appropriate to have this discussion in a new thread dedicated to that topic.

I understand that, and my last post on that subject was a few days ago. As far as on-topic, how is pimping your own eBay auction with a direct link part of this thread or sub-forum? If I'm being a pot then he's certainly being a kettle.

I won't post anything else off-topic in this thread. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Peace,

Chip