• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

I sold a couple of nice NM copies for $20-25 few months back. There seems to be some demand for higher grade currently.

Of GL #141??

Yeah I didnt understand it either, but I had noticed that a couple of high grades were hitting $20 at the time so I had 2 at the time so I thought what the heck and they both sold within a weeks of each other I think. I tried to find a link to one of them in my store, but its been longer then I thought maybe 6 months ago. I think the other copy I sold here. They were both NM or better copies from memory.

Its in the Copper Heating Up Thread at the time because Bosco noticed it as well.

Edited by Fastballspecial

How about GL #141- 1st Omega Men. Maybe if they actually do something with the characters.

Also, the Batman multi-pack reprinting's are usually never found for a premium in shops but I would assume these are way less prevalent in the marketplace.

Omega Men is what I called damaged property. Any time Marvel or DC puts out a series of comics with a team that fails a couple of times, those teams are pretty much DOA every time out. For Marvel, we are talking team titles like Defenders, Alpha Flight, and Heroes for Hire. DC has Omega Men, the Outsiders, and Doom Patrol. All decent properties initially that have been through the meat grinder too many times to support a book.

With that said, I like the Omega Men and have been looking for a HG copy G 141 on E-Bay for some time now. Not a common book.

Edited by rjrjr

I sold a couple of nice NM copies for $20-25 few months back. There seems to be some demand for higher grade currently.

Of GL #141??

Yeah I didnt understand it either, but I had noticed that a couple of high grades were hitting $20 at the time so I had 2 at the time so I thought what the heck and they both sold within a weeks of each other I think. I tried to find a link to one of them in my store, but its been longer then I thought maybe 6 months ago. I think the other copy I sold here. They were both NM or better copies from memory.

Its in the Copper Heating Up Thread at the time because Bosco noticed it as well.

I saw all those sales, as I track Green Lantern #141 on Ebay. It's not an easy book to find in 9.4 or better condition. But when those $20 (+) sales started happening, it seemed like high-grade copies started showing up quite fast.

At least the sellers claimed they were all NM+, including a few that had large folds across the covers. But at least they were Ebay-NM+ examples.

:ohnoez:

Doesn't look like any decent sales recently in that $20+ range ya'll are talking about. Must be further back than the ebay sold range goes.

About 4-6 months back. It started with one post $20 or $25 sale, and kept going from there.

How about GL #141- 1st Omega Men. Maybe if they actually do something with the characters.

Also, the Batman multi-pack reprinting's are usually never found for a premium in shops but I would assume these are way less prevalent in the marketplace.

I hope so. I have a long box full. Been buying them up on the cheap for years - I think it might pop. There's a movie or TV show that should come out of the Omega Men somewhere.

For Marvel, we are talking team titles like Defenders, Alpha Flight,

-----------------------

Hey, both of those had 100+ issue runs! Not really what I'd call a "failure". Champions and Inhumans on the other hand... But I get what you're saying. Defenders was always a hodge podge and once Hulk left nobody on the team was a 1st tier character capable of sustaining his/her own title (for long) much less a team book (ok, the Silver Surfer might be a 1st tier character...not that Marvel seems to think he can sustain a title right now though). Alpha Flight wouldn't have gone over 100 had John Byrne not done the first 20something issues and Jim Lee not done a bunch of issues in the middle of the series to help carry the title into the early 90s where any comic could sell and survive (a few more years at least).

I hope so. I have a long box full. Been buying them up on the cheap for years - I think it might pop. There's a movie or TV show that should come out of the Omega Men somewhere.

Maybe you have been beating me to the punch on these at every show I go to as this is one I would pick up if I saw it cheap enough and I have a long box of 1980s Green Lanterns I have fished out of 25 cent, 50 cent and 3 for $2 boxes over the years (and maybe some $1 boxes) and I think I have only hit one copy of this book during that time. Yet I fished at least 8 copies of X-Factor 6 out of dollar boxes during that time...go figure.

I liked the original Omega Men series, but then again I was probably 11 around then, so my standards weren't so high.

-----------------------

Hey, both of those had 100+ issue runs! Not really what I'd call a "failure". Champions and Inhumans on the other hand... But I get what you're saying. Defenders was always a hodge podge and once Hulk left nobody on the team was a 1st tier character capable of sustaining his/her own title (for long) much less a team book (ok, the Silver Surfer might be a 1st tier character...not that Marvel seems to think he can sustain a title right now though). Alpha Flight wouldn't have gone over 100 had John Byrne not done the first 20something issues and Jim Lee not done a bunch of issues in the middle of the series to help carry the title into the early 90s where any comic could sell and survive (a few more years at least).

Speaking of team titles,what is everyones take on Invaders? I loved the nostalgic feel of the book.

-----------------------

Speaking of team titles,what is everyones take on Invaders? I loved the nostalgic feel of the book.

:cloud9:

I loved this series as a kid. It had cool stories, good to decent artwork, famous superheroes, deadly villains and Nazis.

What more could you want?

-----------------------

:cloud9:

I loved this series as a kid. It had cool stories, good to decent artwork, famous superheroes, deadly villains and Nazis.

What more could you want?

Uh, less Frank Robbins . . . lol

Of GL #141??

Of the dozen of or so comic stores I've tried in the past few months, I can't find a copy (shrug)

Just finished reading Batman #570 No Man's Land - The Code: 1 Nize! :cool:

Way under the radar early Harley App (Oct 1999) by Mike Deodato features Harley in one of her first stories where she is the actual focal point of the story and not just window dressing for the Joker.

I just got my 9.8 copy back from CGC... :applause:

Just finished reading Batman #570 No Man's Land - The Code: 1 Nize! :cool:

Way under the radar early Harley App (Oct 1999) by Mike Deodato features Harley in one of her first stories where she is the actual focal point of the story and not just window dressing for the Joker.

I just got my 9.8 copy back from CGC... :applause:

(thumbs u :applause:

This was probably mentioned, but how about Legends #1?

First appearance of Amanda Waller.

Easily found in Dollar Bins.

She puts a lot of work in, in the DC Universe.

I've thought that for years. And Legends #3 is the Suicide Squad relaunch, though not as popular as Legends #6's JL assembly.

And anything could happen.

First Look At The Screenplay For Suicide Squad – How Close Is It To The Comic?