• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

I wouldnt disagree either as that book was stunning to me as a teenager. Is Hive even used much anymore? Such an awesome storyline back then.

I am not sure how much increase in value I would attach to it though. Terra would have to be attached to some media buzz first I would think. Thats what got the Nightwing issue going nuts.

I was looking through the NTT type stuff at my closest store to see if I could snag any of the better issues. That series is tough to find around here in anything better than 8.0. The majority of the issues I saw there, and just in general, are beaters.

This was probably mentioned, but how about Legends #1?

First appearance of Amanda Waller.

Easily found in Dollar Bins.

She puts a lot of work in, in the DC Universe.

In 2009, Amanda Waller was ranked as IGN's 60th Greatest Comic Book Villain of All Time.

I actually picked up 2 this weekend for $1.50.

This was probably mentioned, but how about Legends #1?

First appearance of Amanda Waller.

Easily found in Dollar Bins.

She puts a lot of work in, in the DC Universe.

In 2009, Amanda Waller was ranked as IGN's 60th Greatest Comic Book Villain of All Time.

I actually picked up 2 this weekend for $1.50.

I got a VF/NM for $1.10

Will continue to grab nice copies whenever I see them.

ja06_237.jpg

Absolutely. :sumo:

I just got a copy for 50 cents, but it is more like a VF and it was out of a dollar box, but i bought so much junk he cut the price in half (plus another judas contract issue...but not 44)

There is a lot of good stuff in the perez NTT run that has some real potential depending on what DC does, although if it doesn't seriously implicate batman or nightwing (or deathstroke, but only his first app...nobody cares about app #2, etc.), it seems like a lot of these DC books that "pop" don't stay hot for long or not nearly as long as the marvel books do. psycho pirate appearances come to mind along with those issues from the late 70s in JLA that got hot.

I was browsing through some of my boxes and found an issue that I think has some long term possibilities that I don't think has been mentioned here.

What does everyone think of Sword of Azrael #1?

It's a good one to snag for a $1. It could have some potential and for $1 it's worth it. I wouldn't pay much more than that for it though.

I've seen Deadpool: The Circle Chase #1 mentioned a few times in random threads. Does anybody think this book really is undervalued?

It's not hard to get a hold of.... so I suppose it shouldn't be worth all that much.

For Marvel, we are talking team titles like Defenders, Alpha Flight,

-----------------------

Hey, both of those had 100+ issue runs! Not really what I'd call a "failure". Champions and Inhumans on the other hand... But I get what you're saying. Defenders was always a hodge podge and once Hulk left nobody on the team was a 1st tier character capable of sustaining his/her own title (for long) much less a team book (ok, the Silver Surfer might be a 1st tier character...not that Marvel seems to think he can sustain a title right now though). Alpha Flight wouldn't have gone over 100 had John Byrne not done the first 20something issues and Jim Lee not done a bunch of issues in the middle of the series to help carry the title into the early 90s where any comic could sell and survive (a few more years at least).

The defenders are getting a mini series sometime in 2015 and theres a chance in the next few years they will have their own movie. The defenders has always been my favorite super group. I like Alpha Flight, But the problem with them is the members. They don't really have any one member that stands out. I think it would have been cool if Wolverine would have lead the team like originally planned.

For Marvel, we are talking team titles like Defenders, Alpha Flight,

-----------------------

Hey, both of those had 100+ issue runs! Not really what I'd call a "failure". Champions and Inhumans on the other hand... But I get what you're saying. Defenders was always a hodge podge and once Hulk left nobody on the team was a 1st tier character capable of sustaining his/her own title (for long) much less a team book (ok, the Silver Surfer might be a 1st tier character...not that Marvel seems to think he can sustain a title right now though). Alpha Flight wouldn't have gone over 100 had John Byrne not done the first 20something issues and Jim Lee not done a bunch of issues in the middle of the series to help carry the title into the early 90s where any comic could sell and survive (a few more years at least).

The defenders are getting a mini series sometime in 2015 and theres a chance in the next few years they will have their own movie. The defenders has always been my favorite super group. I like Alpha Flight, But the problem with them is the members. They don't really have any one member that stands out. I think it would have been cool if Wolverine would have lead the team like originally planned.

Another Defenders book? The last 4 or 5 attempts at reviving this team didn't work. Marvel really needs to rest some of these titles for a LONG while or actually make a book worth a look with a top writer and top artist. The way they've done this with mediocre writers and poor artists, they've pretty much guaranteed DOA. Time to bring some A list talent to these titles.

Edited by rjrjr

I've seen Deadpool: The Circle Chase #1 mentioned a few times in random threads. Does anybody think this book really is undervalued?

It's not hard to get a hold of.... so I suppose it shouldn't be worth all that much.

All the early Deadpool stuff is moving upward no reason to not think this series wont eventually. Really early DP issues from like 2-10 are undervalued when compared to the first issue which is pulling $50+ currently.

One of these days that Head Variant will explode in value as well I think eventually. Whats not to love? 1st variant check, funny cover check, Deadpool check. All speculators and nutso DP collectors need.

For the record I have nothing currently invested in DP except I think an issue 1 I picked up a few weeks back.

Edited by Fastballspecial

All the early Deadpool stuff is moving upward no reason to not think this series wont eventually. Really early DP issues from like 2-10 are undervalued when compared to the first issue which is pulling $50+ currently.

One of these days that Head Variant will explode in value as well I think eventually. Whats not to love? 1st variant check, funny cover check, Deadpool check. All speculators and nutso DP collectors need.

For the record I have nothing currently invested in DP except I think an issue 1 I picked up a few weeks back.

Me neither, but I constantly see them for $0.50-1.00 at local sales. Thinking maybe I should loosen up a bit and lay down a Washington for a couple issues next time I see them.

It's amazing how small the comic market really is.

Booster Gold #1 was a $2 book in October. It has a BIN seemingly hit for $200+ in mid Nov & becomes a hot book over night. After the $200+ BIN there were a couple of $7-$10 raw auction sells & now it is being listed at $25-$50 raw BIN.

Whether the market is being manipulated or not, it just shows how easy it would be to do so. I watched in interest as it was done in the Modern market, & now it seems to be happening in the Copper market.

Don't get me wrong, I've got a decent stash of #1's that I always thought would be sold in a bulk lot at .25 cents, so I'm all for the ride. It's just interesting how easy it is to alter the comic market off of one sell. I sort of understand it when a book like AF #15 goes for a record price, but seeing the same being applied to Booster Gold #1 is really testing the theory.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but what about Spider-Man and his amazing friends 1? Or would it be UXM 193?

It looks like Jason Aaron is serious about trying to integrate Firestar into the X-universe.

I wonder if someone connected the dots in this thread and came up with this equation: Booster Gold + Firestar = Livewire

I feel that X-Men 248 first Jim Lee needs to be added to this list, he is DC's main man now and let's face it this issue is where it all started. One of the best artists if not the best in the last 25 years and this issue should be in everyone's collection.

I feel that X-Men 248 first Jim Lee needs to be added to this list, he is DC's main man now and let's face it this issue is where it all started. One of the best artists if not the best in the last 25 years and this issue should be in everyone's collection.

That's Jim Lee's first X-Men work, not his first work. It'd have more potential if Marvel hadn't systematically eroded the X-Men comic franchise over the last 20 years with a combination of poor stories and overexposure.

What about Uncanny X-Men #317?

Everyone loves them some Blink now.

Yep. I had my 9.8 aggressively priced I thought. It sold pretty quickly with only a small break in price via BIN w/BO. I have two more raw to list, they aren't 9.8s unfortunately or I'd get them slabbed, too.

-slym

What about Uncanny X-Men #317?

Everyone loves them some Blink now.

She got a lot of screen time in the movie and her powers were really displayed well. I think she is a good long term or even short term investment at $1 or so. I am X-men losers like Jubilee still command a decent price so she will at least reach that area soon.