• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

It sold for a penny!?!

Haha, wow.

$5.01 actually.

Even that is low. The DC Universe UPC printings are seriously undervalued and the cool thing is they can be found on Ebay often really cheap because sellers don't know what they have.

Yes, but it's a very niche market. I have a Flash #91 (1st Impulse) listed for a while with no bites.

oh i agree that's why it seems appropriate to mention an auction like that in this thread. Is your 91 graded?

:roflmao:

It sold for a penny!?!

Haha, wow.

$5.01 actually.

No. It sold for a penny.

It did, does your local shop charge you for shipping and handling?

Flash 92 is first Impulse, not 91

Maybe that's why it didn't sell, ha

DOC032414_Page_09_zps035048ff.jpg

Because some here say they should I guess.

Yup, hopefully Ween learns his lesson: stick to BINS instead of auctions.

Some of you guys a crazy as sh*t. Again, this is not my auction. I though people post here to discuss collecting comics that are undervalued or rare. The DC Universe UPC box printings are both.

Some of you guys a crazy as sh*t. Again, this is not my auction. I though people post here to discuss collecting comics that are undervalued or rare. The DC Universe UPC box printings are both.

Again, very niche market for them, much like price variants. The ones that do command some money are the books that are already valuable, like MOS #18. I don't think this particular one that sold will ever be worth more than it's 1st print counterpart.

Again, very niche market for them, much like price variants. The ones that do command some money are the books that are already valuable, like MOS #18. I don't think this particular one that sold will ever be worth more than it's 1st print counterpart.

The DC Universe books aren't reprints, unless they are second or later printings.

The earliest ones are reprints (GL #36, for example), but most of them were printed at the same time, for the multi-packs and collector's packs.

When the crossover from UPC box art to "Direct Edition" occurred in late 1993, DC wisely remembered the problems Whitman had had over a decade earlier, and chose "DC Universe" instead of having a UPC code on the cover which might inadvertently get scanned.

The DC Universe books aren't reprints, unless they are second or later printings.

The earliest ones are reprints (GL #36, for example), but most of them were printed at the same time, for the multi-packs and collector's packs.

When the crossover from UPC box art to "Direct Edition" occurred in late 1993, DC wisely remembered the problems Whitman had had over a decade earlier, and chose "DC Universe" instead of having a UPC code on the cover which might inadvertently get scanned.

Not reprints, how so? They are simply a comic with a different logo where the UPC or direct image would be placed. As far as I know there were no DC Universes only comics.

Not reprints, how so? They are simply a comic with a different logo where the UPC or direct image would be placed. As far as I know there were no DC Universes only comics.

As RMA implied, "reprints" are reprinted at a later date.

The Man of Steel 18 had a roman numeral V which makes it a 5th printing. That's a reprint.

As RMA implied, "reprints" are reprinted at a later date.

This was always my assumption as well, that they are first prints, not reprints.

Yall got me thinking however. Do all of these collectors packs have books from the same month? Would DC really sit on thousands of books for months on end just to ge the right grouping together put them in collectors packs? I am honestly ignorant on this subject atm, so Im just throwing thoughts and questions out there.