• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TTA27 prices leveling off?

50 posts in this topic

Movie speculators are a fickle bunch. Whenever the value of a book moves from the collective wisdom of hobbyists to the irrational exuberance of the speculator, the metrics change. As Roy said, the prices are still way up, however the speculator has a short memory. Right now the media eye is gazing at other books and they are going crazy, shortly, the eye will turn back to Ant-man and this book will take off for a time until the eye shifts it's gaze again and the dance continues...

Truth!

Some mortals try to shift the gaze of the eye by their own efforts and end up disappointed, ask Beige about that.

And embarrassed too.

;)

Movie speculators are a fickle bunch. Whenever the value of a book moves from the collective wisdom of hobbyists to the irrational exuberance of the speculator, the metrics change. As Roy said, the prices are still way up, however the speculator has a short memory. Right now the media eye is gazing at other books and they are going crazy, shortly, the eye will turn back to Ant-man and this book will take off for a time until the eye shifts it's gaze again and the dance continues...

Some mortals try to shift the gaze of the eye by their own efforts and end up disappointed, ask Biege about that.

Are you kidding?

I'm not starting this crud up again, but I cordially invite you to go look at GPA, compare the prices 6 months ago, and quote them now - For those without GPA, here they are below.

My 23 copies were purchased pre-rise. If that's disappointment, well, I'm happy to be disappointed in every book I choose to invest in.

Pre - purchase and apres purchase. If you have had better investments, please share, and perhaps you can teach me some tips to make better book choices.

5.5 - $83 - $400

6.0 - $112 - $240

7.0 - $233 - $467

7.5 - $185 - $448

8.0 - $267 - $800

8.5 - $389 - $887

9.0 - $628 - $1408.

My 'pumping' may not agree with some, but I challenge anyone to find a transaction I was involved in where the buyer or seller is not whole. As far as I am concerned, FF #52 has been a good move for me. I am sorry that, for whatever reason, you choose to bring my name up in a subject I have nothing to do with.

I will not be commenting again.

Peace.

i watched Mike Carbo sell a tattered copy for $1700 cash on Sat at Comikazee.

looked like a .5-1.5 at best

On sunday he sold another copy for $1500 dont know the grade...

this book is flying around

That's crazy there is a CGC 3.0 sitting on ebay for $1400.

people get caught up in moment when holding the books i think. This book had corners that looked like they were chewed by a rat and massive spine rolled

i watched the guy plunk down 17 brand new blue hologram 100 bills i couldn't believe it. From my experience in dealing with a few high end dealers (Mike Carbo, Blastoff Comics) They always bust the books out of CGC slabs and sell them for more. I guess the clientele want to feel and touch the books and have no regard for tombed books

Some mortals try to shift the gaze of the eye by their own efforts and end up disappointed, ask Biege about that.

Are you kidding?

I'm not starting this crud up again, but I cordially invite you to go look at GPA, compare the prices 6 months ago, and quote them now - For those without GPA, here they are below.

My 23 copies were purchased pre-rise. If that's disappointment, well, I'm happy to be disappointed in every book I choose to invest in.

Pre - purchase and apres purchase. If you have had better investments, please share, and perhaps you can teach me some tips to make better book choices.

5.5 - $83 - $400

6.0 - $112 - $240

7.0 - $233 - $467

7.5 - $185 - $448

8.0 - $267 - $800

8.5 - $389 - $887

9.0 - $628 - $1408.

My 'pumping' may not agree with some, but I challenge anyone to find a transaction I was involved in where the buyer or seller is not whole. As far as I am concerned, FF #52 has been a good move for me. I am sorry that, for whatever reason, you choose to bring my name up in a subject I have nothing to do with.

Peace.

Why are you quoting FF 52 GPA data in the TTA 27 is leveling off thread. hm

Why don't you make a FF 52 part 2 thread in the silver area to pump up your 23 copies. BANANA TIME!!! :banana:

Are you kidding?

5.5 - $83 - $400

6.0 - $112 - $240

7.0 - $233 - $467

7.5 - $185 - $448

8.0 - $267 - $800

8.5 - $389 - $887

9.0 - $628 - $1408.

Peace.

Why don't you make a FF 52 part 2 thread in the silver area to pump up your 23 copies. BANANA TIME!!! :banana:

I was just wondering where you could EVER have gotten CGC'd TTA #27s in the grades listed for those prices. The FF data makes more sense.

Are you kidding?

5.5 - $83 - $400

6.0 - $112 - $240

7.0 - $233 - $467

7.5 - $185 - $448

8.0 - $267 - $800

8.5 - $389 - $887

9.0 - $628 - $1408.

Peace.

I was just wondering where you could EVER have gotten CGC'd TTA #27s in the grades listed for those prices. The FF data makes more sense.

I thought I was in the wrong thread. doh!

Are you kidding?

5.5 - $83 - $400

6.0 - $112 - $240

7.0 - $233 - $467

7.5 - $185 - $448

8.0 - $267 - $800

8.5 - $389 - $887

9.0 - $628 - $1408.

Peace.

Yeah context means more with extra data - it would take a longer timespan to ascertain the drift of TTA #27.

Personally, I hope it at least stabilizes, it's a book I have been after for a while.

people get caught up in moment when holding the books i think. This book had corners that looked like they were chewed by a rat and massive spine rolled

i watched the guy plunk down 17 brand new blue hologram 100 bills i couldn't believe it. From my experience in dealing with a few high end dealers (Mike Carbo, Blastoff Comics) They always bust the books out of CGC slabs and sell them for more. I guess the clientele want to feel and touch the books and have no regard for tombed books

I can believe it, especially with low to mid grade. If I were at a con, I'd be more interested in looking at raw books I could examine personally, than slabbed ones, though I'd still do my homework on value before shelling out the dough.

Are you kidding?

5.5 - $83 - $400

6.0 - $112 - $240

7.0 - $233 - $467

7.5 - $185 - $448

8.0 - $267 - $800

8.5 - $389 - $887

9.0 - $628 - $1408.

Peace.

Less than 24 hours later

Yeah context means more with extra data - it would take a longer timespan to ascertain the drift of TTA #27.

Personally, I hope it at least stabilizes, it's a book I have been after for a while.

:facepalm:

I can believe it, especially with low to mid grade. If I were at a con, I'd be more interested in looking at raw books I could examine personally, than slabbed ones, though I'd still do my homework on value before shelling out the dough.

+1