• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where is this golden cover from?????????

17 posts in this topic

Something else I found. Pretty funny...

1203_468_1000_zpsddbb14cc.jpg

that is hilarious. So Supes likes hardwood floors on Lois Lane (thumbs u

thanks for sharing your 1952 Swedish Supes. Where and when did you get it?????

Not mine, actually. I found the scan in Google images.

Oh ok :)

I am looking to buy a Swedish Superman #1.

It is the cover of Superman #53 the 10th Anniversary issue...

That would be cool. The 1948 1st Japanese Superman has the same cover. There was a copy of that on ebay along with two other early issues last spring. The price was steep, but it was really tempting to buy something that cool.

According to GCD, starting in 1952, the Swedish Stalmannen's were renumbered at the start of every year. It appears the title was bi-weekly until 1960, when it went to every 4 weeks ( 13 issues a year), and then back to biweekly from 1966 to 1970, with 15 issues in 1971, and then going monthly. There were some double issues as well, presumably to cover vacation time for the publisher.

In addition there was a monthly Norwegian Stalmannen from 1952 to 1954 with a similar numbering system. The quickest way to tell them apart is the 75 ore price as opposed to the Swedish 50 ore price in the early 1950s. The Swedish double issues were initially 90 ore.