• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel kowtows to fan outrage - There is a "real Mandarin"

76 posts in this topic

I could actually see this coming. A mandarin isn't at the top of the hierarchy but works for / serves someone. So, that applies to both Trevor and Killian. Discussed this many times after watching the film.

Just saw Iron Man 3 on DVD last night. Hard to believe they could have screwed up a film that badly (and the Mandarin fiasco was only scratching the surface of how bad it was). It was even worse than Spider-Man 3. :facepalm:

Just saw Iron Man 3 on DVD last night. Hard to believe they could have screwed up a film that badly (and the Mandarin fiasco was only scratching the surface of how bad it was). It was even worse than Spider-Man 3. :facepalm:

yep

I am going to cry wildly_fanciful_statement on that. At no point in Iron Man 3 did Tony Stark emo it up and start dancing.

Let me remind you.

yep

I am going to cry wildly_fanciful_statement on that. At no point in Iron Man 3 did Tony Stark emo it up and start dancing.

Let me remind you.

:tonofbricks: my eyes. then again, venom didn't turn out to be a poof

I didn't know it was possible to screw up a movie that badly, not one that had so much going for it anyhow. Not sure why they bailed on the idea of just using the Mandarin as a real terrorist anyway, since it seems like it would have set up Captain America 2 perfectly where the new SHIELD seems to be on the offensive in going after threats rather than reacting to them as they happen.

yep

Let me remind you.

:tonofbricks: my eyes. then again, venom didn't turn out to be a poof

+1 :sick: Spiderman 3 was so so bad :facepalm:

I watched the film again last night on blu-ray and really liked it.

To each his own, I guess.

+1

I watched it for the first time and loved the Mandarin twist. It was humorous and campy, which is what this franchise is.

I liked it as well.

The Mandarin thing probably has to do with a fear of alienating foreign markets that make up a huge chunk of money for these movies.

Bulls-eye! Right on the money.

I watched the film again last night on blu-ray and really liked it.

To each his own, I guess.

I thought it was awesome as well.