• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman Family 6

19 posts in this topic

I'm at 8.0, large corner crease bottom right hand corner 1/4 inch long. That does look like a corner crease or my eyes are playing tricks.

hm So which is it? A "large corner crease" or "1/4 inch long"? lol (You can't have it both ways . . . ) ;)

Okay, here it is. The scans are smaller than I would like to be looking at to provide a fair guess. :preach:

First off I cannot see the crease on the front cover? I have tried every way possible to view this image but cannot see it? :pullhair:

However I do have a question for you regarding the back cover. On the LLHC there appears to be a "crease" although it is very very faint. If you view the image at the correct angle it is visible. :o

For this reason I am thinking 9.2 (thumbs u

If the crease is not there then I'll go 9.4 (thumbs u (thumbs u

Anybody else see the back cover crease? :baiting:

What looks to be a crease on front cover, bottom right hand corner, mad hatter at far right, look at the red cover between the tie from the figure of hatter and bottom. And appears a crease running diagonal to the right. maybe i'm seeing things. maybe if the owner of the book can say if it is a crease here or not. Some books are hard to grade from just scans

What looks to be a crease on front cover, bottom right hand corner, mad hatter at far right, look at the red cover between the tie from the figure of hatter and bottom. And appears a crease running diagonal to the right. maybe i'm seeing things. maybe if the owner of the book can say if it is a crease here or not. Some books are hard to grade from just scans

I think you are right! It matches up with what I see on the back cover almost perfectly! It's more of a slight bend than a crease but it is there! I'm having a tougher time finding the diagonal crease but I am not imagining the corner bend and neither are you! Good eye! (thumbs u But I still think the grade will be around 9.0 to 9.2 with the corner bend! :grin:

Yeah you are right with the grade 9.0-9.2, been loooooooong working week for me and today being Friday here just one more to the weekend. I think my grading been off the last couple days because of it.

Ha! I think you're grading is just fine. Everybody has an opinion right? But it's still Thursday here mate! Another day to go before the weekend! Cheers! :hi:

I think you are right! It matches up with what I see on the back cover almost perfectly! It's more of a slight bend than a crease but it is there! I'm having a tougher time finding the diagonal crease but I am not imagining the corner bend and neither are you! Good eye! (thumbs u But I still think the grade will be around 9.0 to 9.2 with the corner bend! :grin:

I just checked again, it is what you see, but it's more of a tiny bend, sorry about the scan it doesn't do justice on how clean the book is.

I think the book looks great! I think this is the type of book would benefit from a clean and press. Whether you would want to do something like that is strictly up to you though. I find that scanning at around 600 DPI is the optimum setting and the back ground should be of some other color but not black or white so as to show the covers edges more clearly. All in all your book looks quite fine (based on the size of the scans) lol

I can see a small crease on the bottom corner of the back cover. Right on the edge of the corner. The crease where my eyes maybe playing tricks on me is on the front cover bottom right hand corner. Where the mad hatter with English hat is. Now look at his tie and follow it almost directly to bottom of the cover. Looks like a crease starting there and would run to right hand side of the cover. Classic corner crease. Or it could be just the printing giving the impression of a line in red ink and maybe I'm seeing things.

Brighter note a very nice clean looking book from the bronze age.

I don't think you eyes are playing tricks on you. It is more of a very light "bend" as opposed to a crease. And the front crease that you found matches the back cover crease. There must have been a bend during the manufacturing or packaging process because it is ever so subtle. :shy: