• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Men #141 and #142

12 posts in this topic

Your indulgence please, as I have a pair of comics to grade together, X-Men #141 and #142. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. The little white spot on the #142 spine is a printing artifact. There is some ink transfer on both back covers.

x141_zps824fa6a0.jpg

x141b_zpsb41862b0.jpg

x142_zpse2e94e66.jpg

x142b_zpsf34e7675.jpg

You should add links to larger scans of your books so that providing a more accurate guess will be possible. Also I would suggest listing one book per thread as many others have stated it will probably get better results in the way of responses. Try posting again and I would be happy to look at your books! Just remember no one here is a professional but some of these people are really very accurate. ;)

My original scans are much larger. But my scans were resized when I copied from Photobucket. How do I show the scans at their original size?

Use the icon in the upper left corner of the dialogue box to create a link to the larger scans. I think there are other ways of doing it but I myself have not figured out all of the variables. I found using imugr.com was a far better choice than Photobucket plus you can upload larger images at no cost. (thumbs u

You should add links to larger scans of your books so that providing a more accurate guess will be possible. Also I would suggest listing one book per thread as many others have stated it will probably get better results in the way of responses. Try posting again and I would be happy to look at your books! Just remember no one here is a professional but some of these people are really very accurate. ;)

The reason I posted both together was I wanted to have you guys grade these two books as a set (Days of Future Past). My thinking was that if I posted them separately, some might grade one and not the other. I guess it would be more meaningful to me if I got your opinion on both together.

Thanks for the suggestions. I keep that in mind next time. (thumbs u

Hey that's great! Both books look to be quite nice! Sharp corners and edges!

I would guess 9.6 on X-men #141

I would guess 9.4 on X-men #142

I can't see any spine stress on either book and their overall appearance is remarkable.

Congratulations! (thumbs u

Will you be submitting them to CGC?

The 141 I said 9.4 for the slight bump on bottom left corner of the front cover, though that may get a 9.6 because it is quite small. Very nice condition books, If you send them to CGC, good luck and let us know what you got for the grades.

The 141 I said 9.4 for the slight bump on bottom left corner of the front cover, though that may get a 9.6 because it is quite small. Very nice condition books, If you send them to CGC, good luck and let us know what you got for the grades.

It would not surprise me if they both were graded at 9.6! They are very nice! :applause:

Thanks for the opinions.

Actually, I'm considering selling them since they are under copies. I'm not sure if I'll have them graded. I don't know if it's really worthwhile to spend the time and money to get them slabbed as opposed to just selling them raw.