• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Crime Suspense Stories 22

9 posts in this topic

I am not sure how much the binder holes effect the grade? I myself have never seen a CGC or PGX graded book with binder holes. I would have to say (treating the binder holes like missing pieces) this book should grade around 2.5 :insane:

This is a tough one!

Wow, thanks for posting that. So in a higher grade book it would, or could be classified as a defect and go with a blue label (albeit a much lower grade) or a qualified grade but considerably higher? But a lower grade book the binder holes could just be another defect and it would get a blue label regardless?

Did I get that right? hm

Without the holes t would be a 3.0, maybe 3.5 copy. Unfortunately they are pretty ragged holes. If that Caught only warranted a 2.0 Universal, I see this book as being closer to a 1.5, maybe 1.8.

As for the Cap 71, personally I would reserve qualified grades for situations where a book has a hidden or less obvious flaw and appearance and technical grade are far apart ( i.e a coupon clipped, or blown staple). Three big holes punched through the book just looks like a lower grade book to me, no matter how sharp it is otherwise.

What's worse with the punch holes is the book was not removed carefully but pulled out of a folder tearing the holes open to the spine. So a blue label 1.5/ 1.8 I think is the grade if it went to CGC which it wont from me. Thanks again people for your insight. Thanks The-Collector for the pictures of other books that were graded with this punch hole damage.