• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Iron Man 4

25 posts in this topic

I can't tell what that is. It doesn't look like tape pull to me, but I'm far from an expert.

Is the cover evenly glossy, even over the "affected area" I referred to? Or does it get sull and lose its sheen at that spot?

Hi Slym et al:

I'm back from an afternoon out with the kids. I believe this area is not a production flaw. I've rubbed my hand gently along the area and it seems as if it loses a touch of sheen at that spot. It's such a tiny area, it's hard to be sure. At the top of pages of the comic there is some dark ink overspray, so I guess there were production issues, but it looks like the back cover issue is tape pull or something like that.

If you still aren't sure, hold the book at an angle to a strong light source and tilt it back and forth. If the cover gloss is even over the area where the alleged tape pull is, it's a printing defect. If it loses the gloss, it is damage.

:(

-slym