• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
23 23

2,915 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JPayne7777 said:

Hello everybody! My name is Joe and I live in Ocean City NJ and have been a comic fan since 1984. I'm not sure about the early dates and timeline of when I got my very first comic, but the one that sticks out as my earliest and definitely favorite is GI Joe #24 i believe the issue number is correct. It's the cover that caught my eye and is to this day one of my favorite pieces of artwork of all time. The cover w Clutch and Roadblock holding Cobra Commander prisoner. EXCELLENT artwork in my humble opinion. Anyway, I've had a decent collection since then, w just about every GI Joe issue and then X-Men and a lot others in the 80's and 90's, and some stuff into the 2000's.  I'm mainly a Marvel guy but have gotten into Image and a few DC here and there. Vampirella and Shi, Dawn and a few other random comics that I would pick up for the cover artwork. I've been checking the values of certain issues and really want to get them graded but am not sure about the finer details of the grading process. I've read the directions here and am still unsure what exactly the cost is per book. Any clearer explanations would be appreciated. Thanks everybody

Hey Joe!!! Welcome to the Boards!! Glad to have you :) 

On 8/17/2017 at 9:29 AM, JPayne7777 said:

Hello everybody! My name is Joe and I live in Ocean City NJ and have been a comic fan since 1984. I'm not sure about the early dates and timeline of when I got my very first comic, but the one that sticks out as my earliest and definitely favorite is GI Joe #24 i believe the issue number is correct. It's the cover that caught my eye and is to this day one of my favorite pieces of artwork of all time. The cover w Clutch and Roadblock holding Cobra Commander prisoner. EXCELLENT artwork in my humble opinion. Anyway, I've had a decent collection since then, w just about every GI Joe issue and then X-Men and a lot others in the 80's and 90's, and some stuff into the 2000's.  I'm mainly a Marvel guy but have gotten into Image and a few DC here and there. Vampirella and Shi, Dawn and a few other random comics that I would pick up for the cover artwork. I've been checking the values of certain issues and really want to get them graded but am not sure about the finer details of the grading process. I've read the directions here and am still unsure what exactly the cost is per book. Any clearer explanations would be appreciated. Thanks everybody

Welcome Joe, love Ocean City home of Johnson's popcorn (thumbsu

Sup everyone?!

I "Collected" comics as a kid, prob had about 2 shoe boxes full. I just started collecting for real again in 2012. This year has been great for me... I hope to share some of my collection with you all.

Peace!

Edited by D-Optimist

1 hour ago, D-Optimist said:

Sup everyone?!

I "Collected" comics as a kid, prob had about 2 shoe boxes full. I just started collecting for real again in 2012. This year has been great for me... I hope to share some of my collection with you all.

Peace!

Glad to have you here :)

Welcome to the boards!

3 hours ago, D-Optimist said:

Sup everyone?!

Peace!

Welcome to the boards!! (thumbsu

3 hours ago, D-Optimist said:

Sup everyone?!

Peace!

4 minutes ago, D-Optimist said:

Thanks man appreciate the love...

Maybe you guys could help me with this question:

CGC Question

Welcome:hi:

6 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Sorry, the CGC Question Link is not working. (shrug)

I'm not sure where to post this question excuse my noobness...

I was planning on sending 1 book to CGC at the end of June...

I ended up not sending the book even though I submitted the order form (I also have the packing slip printed with the billing info on it). I'm looking at my bank statement and its looking like I have not been charged yet. It is to my understanding that CGC does not charge the card until they receive the book.

My question is that now that I'm ready to send in the book (along with 3 others), how can I cancel the original order or modify it so all 4 of my books can be sent and returned as one order.

I'm a CGC noob... any help is greatly appreciated!

Peace to all...

11 hours ago, D-Optimist said:

I'm not sure where to post this question excuse my noobness...

Sorry, I don't have an answer for your question. I've never dealt with that situation. :sorry:

Maybe try the Ask CGC section. 

Hello all!    I am back from the wilds of North Georgia and ready to renew my comic collection. I am primarily a Silver-Golden-Age guy. I hope to take advantage of the buying/selling forum and maybe offer my opinion in the grading dept,,,,. Glad to be back and I hope I can add to this already colorful community,,,,,,yes, I use ALOT of commas. Fast Eddie.

Hello, I guess it's time for me to introduce myself. I am a collector from Methuen Ma. and I am close to the age of 60. I have been collecting since 1964. I have not purchased any books for almost three years now. (This is due to the price of comics). Yet I do own a very extensive collection. I cannot tell you exactly what I own but I do possess close to 75,000 books. If you would like to check what I have then connect to CPG and examine my listings (It's not that difficult to find). People don't know me because I have always liked to remain anonymous, but I do believe I have the ability to compete with most of the collectors who are out there. I only collect books from the silver to the modern age beginning with fantastic four #1. Please do not reply for pictures because my computer is not equipped with any office 360 function, but I am willing to respond with emails whenever I have the time to respond. (I am really not one for socializing). Pauliesgotit

6 hours ago, fast eddie said:

Hello all!    I am back from the wilds of North Georgia and ready to renew my comic collection. I am primarily a Silver-Golden-Age guy. I hope to take advantage of the buying/selling forum and maybe offer my opinion in the grading dept,,,,. Glad to be back and I hope I can add to this already colorful community,,,,,,yes, I use ALOT of commas. Fast Eddie.

2 hours ago, pauliesgotit said:

Hello, I guess it's time for me to introduce myself. I am a collector from Methuen Ma. and I am close to the age of 60. I have been collecting since 1964. I have not purchased any books for almost three years now. (This is due to the price of comics). Yet I do own a very extensive collection. I cannot tell you exactly what I own but I do possess close to 75,000 books. If you would like to check what I have then connect to CPG and examine my listings (It's not that difficult to find). People don't know me because I have always liked to remain anonymous, but I do believe I have the ability to compete with most of the collectors who are out there. I only collect books from the silver to the modern age beginning with fantastic four #1. Please do not reply for pictures because my computer is not equipped with any office 360 function, but I am willing to respond with emails whenever I have the time to respond. (I am really not one for socializing). Pauliesgotit

fast eddie

pauliesgotit

Silver Age rocks! :headbang:... both, Welcome to the Boards!!!!!! 

Hi my name is David, and I go by the name Oakman. Only because I have an old car from the 20's that's basically made of wood. I really want to learn about comic books. I have only been collecting for around 45 years, so I don't really know too much about them. I just know they're kinda cool. I kill things for a living, that is I am an exterminator who loves his job. Killing things that is! The more I kill the bigger my paycheck, fancy that! I am certainly not an Oakland Raiders fan, so don't for the love of God mistake that.

I have two boys that my wife and I have adopted, they are a handful but I love em. Certainly has curbed my spending habits on comics. Thank God I have most everything bought as a youngin'. I fancy horror magazines, love em. Thank God they are cheaper( see curbed spending habits above).

Well I guess I'm done with my drunk talk, sure is nice meeting you all . :foryou:

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Hi my name is David, and I go by the name Oakman. Only because I have an old car from the 20's that's basically made of wood. I really want to learn about comic books. I have only been collecting for around 45 years, so I don't really know too much about them. I just know they're kinda cool. I kill things for a living, that is I am an exterminator who loves his job. Killing things that is! The more I kill the bigger my paycheck, fancy that! I am certainly not an Oakland Raiders fan, so don't for the love of God mistake that.

I have two boys that my wife and I have adopted, they are a handful but I love em. Certainly has curbed my spending habits on comics. Thank God I have most everything bought as a youngin'. I fancy horror magazines, love em. Thank God they are cheaper( see curbed spending habits above).

Well I guess I'm done with my drunk talk, sure is nice meeting you all . :foryou:

beat it,n00b

On 8/19/2017 at 4:02 PM, D-Optimist said:

Sup everyone?!

Peace!

Welcome to the boards!

15 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Yay for adoption!! :golfclap:

...I was adopted (thumbsu