• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
23 23

2,915 posts in this topic

I guess now's as good a time as any to introduce myself.  My name's Eric and I've been collecting Marvel/DC since the late 80's/early 90's.  I'm really in it for the art and stories, and not so much the collecting.  But through the years I have picked up a handful of issues that are  worthy of being slabbed to me, even if they're not necessarily actively sought after by collectors.  (hence how I found this forum).  Of course, I've learned a lot in the last few weeks of lurking and now you've piqued my interest in books I never thought I might want.  Needless to say, an "affordably priced" ASM 300 CGC SS by Stan, Todd, and David has been and will always be my Holy Grail.

Welcome Eric! ASM 300 it's a nice one to look for! I hope you find and can relate to things said and collected on these boards as I believe a lot of us just collect what we find interesting! @ExNihilo

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 28/07/2017 at 10:35 PM, Baltimore Lauren said:

I'm not new. I just can't get into my old account. Hello again everyone!

Hello @Baltimore Lauren, you are indeed on here twice - here's your other you:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/profile/12192-baltimorelauren/

If you follow the info here you can get merged and your old history back. Good luck :wishluck:

On 7/28/2017 at 2:35 PM, Baltimore Lauren said:

That's what happens when you don't come around anymore. The furniture gets moved around, and you can't find your way in the dark.:baiting:

4 hours ago, JackFish said:

Hi all, I'm a longtime collector who is trying to figure out what to keep, and what to sell. I'll be mostly reading and learning from this place. 

Welcome @JackFish ?

Everyone will have a different opinion on that. Mine is, if investment isn't the driving motivation,  keep what you love and sell what you don't. Happy reading ?

On 7/28/2017 at 5:35 PM, Baltimore Lauren said:

Welcome back 

On 7/30/2017 at 11:30 PM, JackFish said:

Hi all, I'm a longtime collector who is trying to figure out what to keep, and what to sell. I'll be mostly reading and learning from this place. 

Welcome to the boards. 

On 7/28/2017 at 5:01 PM, ExNihilo said:

I guess now's as good a time as any to introduce myself.  My name's Eric and I've been collecting Marvel/DC since the late 80's/early 90's.  I'm really in it for the art and stories, and not so much the collecting.  But through the years I have picked up a handful of issues that are  worthy of being slabbed to me, even if they're not necessarily actively sought after by collectors.  (hence how I found this forum).  Of course, I've learned a lot in the last few weeks of lurking and now you've piqued my interest in books I never thought I might want.  Needless to say, an "affordably priced" ASM 300 CGC SS by Stan, Todd, and David has been and will always be my Holy Grail.

Welcome, ExNihilo! Good luck on your ASM 300!  Great book. :headbang: 

On 7/30/2017 at 11:30 PM, JackFish said:

Hiya JackFish! :hi: 

Good afternoon all!! My name is James and I've just recently gotten back into collecting as a hobby/time-filler. I always read comics as a teenager, but didn't hold to very many, so i'm sort of making up for lost time. My wife was actually the one who told me i should get back into it, after I found about half a dozen books in my attic and told her about each one.  She is very supportive and now loves reading comics and digging through boxes. Right now i am reading a ton of stuff from Dark Horse. Predator/Terminator/Aliens were some of my favorite movies, and I am amazed at how many stories there are within those series from Dark Horse, i love it. 

My current Pull List at the LCS:

Predator: Hunters (for me)

Grrl Scouts (for her)

Also, waiting for my Spawn: Vault Edition Art Book to come in. Will try to share some photos of the book in a few weeks when it ships if anybody is interested.

1 hour ago, Jimbo749 said:

Good afternoon all!! My name is James and I've just recently gotten back into collecting as a hobby/time-filler. I always read comics as a teenager, but didn't hold to very many, so i'm sort of making up for lost time. My wife was actually the one who told me i should get back into it, after I found about half a dozen books in my attic and told her about each one.  She is very supportive and now loves reading comics and digging through boxes. Right now i am reading a ton of stuff from Dark Horse. Predator/Terminator/Aliens were some of my favorite movies, and I am amazed at how many stories there are within those series from Dark Horse, i love it. 

My current Pull List at the LCS:

Predator: Hunters (for me)

Grrl Scouts (for her)

Also, waiting for my Spawn: Vault Edition Art Book to come in. Will try to share some photos of the book in a few weeks when it ships if anybody is interested.

Hooray!!! ;) Awesome that y'all can bond over picture stories!! Welcome to the boards!

The Spawn seems interesting 

Ahoy everyone!

TLDR: I'm new to comics, been of fan of superheroes since the 90s and am in it for both reading enjoyment and classic collecting/investing.

My "first appearance" was a handful of books as a kid, none of which survived to this day, at least not in my possession. I was always a Spider-man, Batman and X-Men fan because of the animated series of the 90s.

About 6 months ago my interest in comics was piqued when I learned about the Darth Vader series from 2015. I tried out the Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider and Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-man series but neither of them were quite what I was looking for. However, 3 other series have cemented me in for current runs on a pull list: Black Bolt, Bane: Conquest and the latest Astonishing X-Men!

I also have been haphazardly picking up interesting issues. Most notably was the Uncanny X-Men #266 (1st app. Gambit) that I got signed by Andy Kubert at SDCC. Gambit has always been my favorite X-Men member. Waiting to get that one back as my first slabbed book, Signature Series!

The one book I vividly remembered having as a kid was Spider-man Maximum Clonage Omega. Fortunately for me that bit of nostalgia didn't cost much!

Anyhow, I am looking forward to learning and sharing with the crew around here!

1 hour ago, irvin9906 said:

Ahoy everyone!

TLDR: I'm new to comics, been of fan of superheroes since the 90s and am in it for both reading enjoyment and classic collecting/investing.

My "first appearance" was a handful of books as a kid, none of which survived to this day, at least not in my possession. I was always a Spider-man, Batman and X-Men fan because of the animated series of the 90s.

About 6 months ago my interest in comics was piqued when I learned about the Darth Vader series from 2015. I tried out the Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider and Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-man series but neither of them were quite what I was looking for. However, 3 other series have cemented me in for current runs on a pull list: Black Bolt, Bane: Conquest and the latest Astonishing X-Men!

I also have been haphazardly picking up interesting issues. Most notably was the Uncanny X-Men #266 (1st app. Gambit) that I got signed by Andy Kubert at SDCC. Gambit has always been my favorite X-Men member. Waiting to get that one back as my first slabbed book, Signature Series!

The one book I vividly remembered having as a kid was Spider-man Maximum Clonage Omega. Fortunately for me that bit of nostalgia didn't cost much!

Anyhow, I am looking forward to learning and sharing with the crew around here!

Welcome @irvin9906 ! Have fun buddy :headbang: