• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,913 posts in this topic

Hey there everybody! Pretty new to the CGC boards, but not new to the hobby. Been mostly active on Instagram under the moniker Whole Wheat Comics, but I've lurked on the boards for a while now gathering valuable knowledge. I started out just reading weekly moderns, but, being a high-schooler on no income, decided to start flipping moderns to pay for my hobby. Thought that was pretty kool and I like keys, so now I'm pretty much a novice dealer 4ish years later. I also run a small local show as well. I mainly collect 4th World Kirby keys, Golden Age, and high grade Silver whenever I happen upon them. Managed to skip over my silver-age Marvel phase and I really dig obscure/rare DC keys (DC > Marvel). Not good for my wallet, but pretty good for my collection. 

I'll be at Cal Comic Con in two weeks at the comic swap, so if you see Whole Wheat Comics, be sure to say hi :)

12 hours ago, Shane Larsen said:

Hey there everybody! Pretty new to the CGC boards, but not new to the hobby. Been mostly active on Instagram under the moniker Whole Wheat Comics, but I've lurked on the boards for a while now gathering valuable knowledge. I started out just reading weekly moderns, but, being a high-schooler on no income, decided to start flipping moderns to pay for my hobby. Thought that was pretty kool and I like keys, so now I'm pretty much a novice dealer 4ish years later. I also run a small local show as well. I mainly collect 4th World Kirby keys, Golden Age, and high grade Silver whenever I happen upon them. Managed to skip over my silver-age Marvel phase and I really dig obscure/rare DC keys (DC > Marvel). Not good for my wallet, but pretty good for my collection. 

I'll be at Cal Comic Con in two weeks at the comic swap, so if you see Whole Wheat Comics, be sure to say hi :)

:headbang: Hope the con is fun! Welcome to the Boards :foryou: 

Hi everyone I just join. I’m a huge spawn fan and a few none spawn comics. I just started collecting and getting things graded. 

big reason I joined is one question. How to find out what signatures are on the already graded signature series. Like there are 47 spawn #6 that are graded signature series but the census doesn’t say who signed them. I’m just trying to figure out if there is a way to see if one of my comics is the only one signed by the artist had sign it. 

10 hours ago, jpdow0887 said:

Hi everyone I just join. I’m a huge spawn fan and a few none spawn comics. I just started collecting and getting things graded. 

big reason I joined is one question. How to find out what signatures are on the already graded signature series. Like there are 47 spawn #6 that are graded signature series but the census doesn’t say who signed them. I’m just trying to figure out if there is a way to see if one of my comics is the only one signed by the artist had sign it. 

Hello and Welcome! :headbang: Stick around! :) 

Unfortunately there is no way to know by the census how many of a particular book is signed signature series by a particular artist. :( Perhaps if there is only "1" sig series in 9.8 and you own that 9.8, for example, you still know. We have a thread for the highest graded lone signature series in the Sig forum.....

BUT that's all that we can do lol 

Some have pushed for the registry or census to be further expanded, but none of us know if with CGC that IS possible, it should be but hasn't happened yet :shy: 

18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hello and Welcome! :headbang: Stick around! :) 

Unfortunately there is no way to know by the census how many of a particular book is signed signature series by a particular artist. :( Perhaps if there is only "1" sig series in 9.8 and you own that 9.8, for example, you still know. We have a thread for the highest graded lone signature series in the Sig forum.....

BUT that's all that we can do lol 

Some have pushed for the registry or census to be further expanded, but none of us know if with CGC that IS possible, it should be but hasn't happened yet :shy: 

Thanks for the feedback. 

yeah I ask because spawn 6 is the first appearance of overtkill which was a character that Stan lee had rob Liefeld and Todd McFarland make on his old tv show the comic greats. And I have it signed by rob and Stan. Was trying to see if anyone else had the same idea I had. Because of how cool to have the only character made together by those three great comic makers. 

Edited by jpdow0887

1 minute ago, jpdow0887 said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

yeah I ask because spawn 6 is the first appearance of overtkill which was a character that Stan lee had rob Liefeld and Todd McFarland make on his old tv show the comic greats. And I have it signed by rob and Stan. Was trying to see if anyone else had the same idea I had. Because of how cool to have the only character made together by those three great comic makers. 

It's a cool idea, maybe a bit in a niche, but couldn't be too many :foryou: 

Hopefully you have the time to stick around the boards! CGC just had a Todd signing at a flat rate price for grading and pressing :) 

Congrats on the Stan Lee SS!

12 hours ago, Keith Mayo said:

Long time comics reader, I've been seriously collecting for about 5 yrs now but just sent my first book to be graded last week.
Really enjoying reading all the threads and love learning tips and tricks from those who've been at this much longer than I have.

Welcome to the Boards!! :headbang:

Good luck on your submission!

Hello everyone. I started collecting comics as a way to satiate my mother's request for me to read. I renovate homes and recently came across a rather large DC collection that someone left behind. I'm currently compiling a list some of which is being sent for grading. I'll be posting for sale as soon as I can complete the 10,000+ list.

21 hours ago, K McNamara said:

Hello everyone. I started collecting comics as a way to satiate my mother's request for me to read. I renovate homes and recently came across a rather large DC collection that someone left behind. I'm currently compiling a list some of which is being sent for grading. I'll be posting for sale as soon as I can complete the 10,000+ list.

Hard to think someone could just leave that many behind lol but we all move on sometime.

Welcome, and feel free to stay if you in turn succumb to the hobby :) Resistance is futile, and all that jazz haha  

4 minutes ago, Keith Mayo said:

Thanks!
Book came back as a 9.8 and it only took 2 weeks using fast track. I'm very pleased.

Awesome! Feel Free to take a pic when you have time and post the pic in "this week back from CGC" thread :foryou: 

9 minutes ago, Keith Mayo said:

Actually, I'm waiting on FedEx to bring it this morning. Photo will follow.

87044813_3435005943192740_6117873990494060544_o.jpg

Oh awesome!! I heard that picked up steam recently,I didn't know if it was a Wal-Mart edition though lol

Awesome 9.8!!