• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,913 posts in this topic

Hi I'm Memo (nick for Guilermo) I'm from Peru, South America, but I lived in San Francisco a long time ago (around 50 years ago) when I was a kid. Back then I collected Avengers & Captain America which I still keep with me. I recently went to visit my brother in-law who lives in Los Angeles and sent my best 16 comics to grade @CGC. Reading Marvel comics made me the person I am today so now, after a 40+ year break, I'm going to start collecting silver age comics again. Something to leave behind for my son or maybe his son (if he ever has one).

9 hours ago, Memorex said:

Hi I'm Memo (nick for Guilermo) I'm from Peru, South America, but I lived in San Francisco a long time ago (around 50 years ago) when I was a kid. Back then I collected Avengers & Captain America which I still keep with me. I recently went to visit my brother in-law who lives in Los Angeles and sent my best 16 comics to grade @CGC. Reading Marvel comics made me the person I am today so now, after a 40+ year break, I'm going to start collecting silver age comics again. Something to leave behind for my son or maybe his son (if he ever has one).

Welcome to the boards Memo @Memorex! There’s a lot of great info here and some great members. Enjoy and stay healthy!

11 hours ago, Memorex said:

Welcome to the boards!

14 hours ago, Memorex said:

Awesome! Welcome to the Boards! 50 years ago, cool, hope your grades turn out Great! And welcome back after40 :headbang: 

Good Afternoon, Hope all are well these days. I've been into comics from a young age....had tons of books and some original art before selling all,when I discovered Girls, Cars, and College needs.. Reentered the hobby @ 2 years ago and have been mostly trying to rebuild my lone gone ASM 1-150. Been lurking on here since coming back and along w/ a few great you-tubers I've learned a ton. Just got the results from my first 3 of 7 submissions and realize I still have more learning to do. :/ Thanks, CJ

1 hour ago, CJ Design said:

Good Afternoon, Hope all are well these days. I've been into comics from a young age....had tons of books and some original art before selling all,when I discovered Girls, Cars, and College needs.. Reentered the hobby @ 2 years ago and have been mostly trying to rebuild my lone gone ASM 1-150. Been lurking on here since coming back and along w/ a few great you-tubers I've learned a ton. Just got the results from my first 3 of 7 submissions and realize I still have more learning to do. :/ Thanks, CJ

I feel right now, like we're living a moment in history that could well fit as a plot for a comic book, this Coronavirus outbreak I mean. But like I said before, Comic books made us what we are today, and by that I mean, we don't give up or give in. My goal right now is to go thru this pandemic without harm, on any one in my house and I suspect most of us in this community, God willing, will prevail. 

Same as you, after a long time, I'm new at this and want and there's a lot to learn, but I'm glad to experience again the thrill of collecting comics, but this time I'm not for the money, just the pleasure.

Excelsior true believer! :golfclap:

2 hours ago, CJ Design said:

Hello and Welcome! Hope it goes easier, but there is a learning curve for sure :)

feel free to post your slab submissions in 

Either way best of luck! 

Hi,

John here, up in bonny Scotland, trapped indoors from this virus thing.

Gives me time to catch up on reading & reconnect to things like the cgc boards. I was here a few years back but I am rejoining & now that cgc has a London base I should be able to start submitting comics.

Looking forward to reconnecting with everyone.

stay safe.

John

2 hours ago, irishjohnp said:

Hi,

John here, up in bonny Scotland, trapped indoors from this virus thing.

Gives me time to catch up on reading & reconnect to things like the cgc boards. I was here a few years back but I am rejoining & now that cgc has a London base I should be able to start submitting comics.

Looking forward to reconnecting with everyone.

stay safe.

John

Howdy John! Wonder if it's possible to recover an old account, either way, welcome and hope it is a return that lasts! :headbang: 

Welcome Back!

7 hours ago, Greatness said:

Collected random comics when I was a wee boy.  Got in to Xmen and Wolverine when i got a bit older. Mom supported/encouraged the passion when I was in my teens.  Would go out and find some really cool one off pieces and frame them as presents for holidays.  Lost touch with it after college, but I've come back to it in the last few months.  Taking a more serious go at collecting.  Mostly a Marvel fan, but I like going after old DC iconic stuff and any good, fun, feel good covers (Four Color/BobHope/Christmas Covers).  The amount of tools available now is amazing, but it stings a little bit to see how much more expensive it is to get involved now as opposed to if I had kept at it from younger.  I've lurked on these forums for a few months. Really great information when I was trying to come to terms with the whole "CGC Grading" question that we all probably have to ask ourselves: 9.6 vs 9.8...how important is it.  Also, I came across a great thread on "forgeries" that was super helpful on spotting some Ebay thieves. Look forward to many more funny posts by Karl, and cool posts showing the history of your "run" collections.  Cheers!

Welcome @Greatness :)

Glad you had support as a kid, precious memories and all  :x

May you have an easy time of it coming back! :headbang:

Hello CGC community!

My name is Mike and I am new to this whole scene.  I am here to learn more about the marketplace, and hopefully sell a few books for my father (who is not so savvy on the whole forum marketplace concept).

I have feedback available on a few other forums and eBay as well if anyone is curious.

I’ll see you around!

15 hours ago, CRKDMike said:

Hello CGC community!

My name is Mike and I am new to this whole scene.  I am here to learn more about the marketplace, and hopefully sell a few books for my father (who is not so savvy on the whole forum marketplace concept).

I have feedback available on a few other forums and eBay as well if anyone is curious.

I’ll see you around!

Hello Mike! Welcome :) 

7 hours ago, Mengatron said:

Hi guys! Have been collecting slabs for a while but only recently joined this community :)

Welcome! To the boards!

If you haven't yet, check out the registry...

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com

Where you can add your slabs cert numbers and pics etc :)

11 minutes ago, Intrepidd said:

Hello, 
Longtime Batman and Superman fan, recently got interested in collecting graded and signed comics. 
Glad to be here, appreciate the wealth of helpful information,

Sweet! Hopefully you can take part in some of the "CGC in house signings" :) 

it seems easier when it's all inclusive at CGC for the signing, any pressing, and signature; plus, seemingly 1 flat fee for the whole bundle, well, per artist.

Oh And WELCOME! :headbang: 

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sweet! Hopefully you can take part in some of the "CGC in house signings" :) 

it seems easier when it's all inclusive at CGC for the signing, any pressing, and signature; plus, seemingly 1 flat fee for the whole bundle, well, per artist.

Oh And WELCOME! :headbang: 

That's awesome, I'll check that out, thanks for letting me know!

Hey everyone! I joined the boards a couple months ago after inheriting a decent amount of comics from an Uncle that passed. I have loved the movies that involve the MCU since they started with Iron Man, but only recently have gotten into comics themselves. I've been researching quite a lot and made two submissions to CGC for grading already with the help of lurking here! Glad to be a part of this community, and I'm looking forward to learning even more..