• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up!

950 posts in this topic

Received my package yesterday. It weighed a TON. The package was even insured. Note on the outside of the USPS box informed me that it was safe to open as gifts on the interior were wrapped; I soon found 2 packages, wrapped in Spider-Man and Superman paper, respectively. Return address...Delaware. I know of a Boardie or two I've done business with from DE, but the address doesn't ring a bell...:think:

I marked on the package it was ok to open because I wrapped the inner box. However, I notice that people are keeping it a mystery to *who* it's from - I didn't do that. I figure what's inside is the mystery...

I marked on the package it was ok to open because I wrapped the inner box. However, I notice that people are keeping it a mystery to *who* it's from - I didn't do that. I figure what's inside is the mystery...

Um, wouldn't your outer package stickers tip someone off even if you didn't pen "Dr. Balls" on the return address? :baiting: (Those who have received a package from Balls know what I'm talking about :whatthe:)

Um, wouldn't your outer package stickers tip someone off even if you didn't pen "Dr. Balls" on the return address. :baiting: (Those who have received a package from Balls know what I'm talking about :whatthe:)

So you're admitting you've received Dr. Balls' "package". :eek:

:fear:

:whee:

Um, wouldn't your outer package stickers tip someone off even if you didn't pen "Dr. Balls" on the return address. :baiting: (Those who have received a package from Balls know what I'm talking about :whatthe:)

:tonofbricks:

Here we go…

Um, wouldn't your outer package stickers tip someone off even if you didn't pen "Dr. Balls" on the return address? :baiting: (Those who have received a package from Balls know what I'm talking about :whatthe:)

Yep - I have exclusive Dr. Balls stickers that tip 'em off.

lol

Picked my gift up today and, being an Agnostic (raised Jewish), I opened it. Heck, every day is a holiday! :grin:

Once I opened the very large package, the gift was wrapped in Marvel wrapping paper.

There was a really nice note stating that my SS was not sure what kind of comic related gift to get for someone who has everything. This was much better than getting a comic related gift!

Took the wrapping off and it was an original, framed and matted, poster of the Grateful Dead's Mardi Gras run of shows in 1995 at the Oakland Coliseum :o

I was at these shows, they were amazing (they played a super hot Aiko Aiko!) and, for the few here that don't know, the Grateful Dead are my all time favorite band, so this is quite a gift!

There was also a backstage pass from when the GD were inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, a stub from the Mardi Gras concert, a Dancing Bear sticker,and an unused ticket from the '95 RFK show,which I had also attended and they opened with a killer versions of Shakedown Street and Wang Dang Doodle. :headbang:

What a gift!!!!! Thanks Dave (Oakman29)! (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)