• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up!

950 posts in this topic

Ban him from next years exchange

Why? For being disappointed in his gift? I'm sure he wasn't the only one (for the record, I was very happy with mine!).

Or for being a bit of an arse by posting publically? Had he gone and named his SS in some sort of misguided effort to shame him I might be inclined to agree with you, but otherwise it's overkill to ban him from the thing. God knows there are boardies out there who have posted worse things than that throughout the year.

I just wanted to give a possible suggestion for next year:

I personally think overly-generous people (not you greggy (tsk) ) who both contribute to the Secret Santa Exchange and donate gifts for the raffle, should be give double-entries for their crazy generosity. They could only win once, but I think these magnanimous fools people should get an extra perk for being so crazy generous.

I received a broken slab from my Santa. When I asked him about it he confirmed that IT WAS broken already when he sent it to me and not during shipment.

Not cool...

Personally, I would have considered your PM as spam and just deleted it with no response. :whistle:

Nothing personal

:facepalm: Cracked slabs are where it's at. (thumbs u Don't complain about kindness of any kind.

Yeah, whining about something you got for free is bad form. If you don't like it, pass it on somehow maybe, but keeping one's mouth shut is the wisest move, however one feels.

-slym

This is exactly what I didn't want to happen and warned would happen privately.

It is not ok to attack the sender of your Secret Santa exchange gift if you are not pleased with it and it completely undermines the purpose of having it in the first place.

Hopefully with a clearer head unhappy members will realize it's the season to be giving and caring. If not it's no hair off my coglioni.

Maybe it was a failure on my part to adequately explain the purpose of having the Holiday exchange in the first place. This is an error that won't be repeated.

Well anyway, I will be heading back to the North Pole for some Pappy Van Winkle and Twinkies.

Have a Happy and Healthy New Year.

GG

It is not ok to attack the sender of your Secret Santa exchange gift if you are not pleased with it and it completely undermines the purpose of having it in the first place.

Hopefully with a clearer head unhappy members will realize it's the season to be giving and caring. If not it's no hair off my coglioni.

Maybe it was a failure on my part to adequately explain the purpose of having the Holiday exchange in the first place. This is an error that won't be repeated.

Well anyway, I will be heading back to the North Pole for some Pappy Van Winkle and Twinkies.

GG

I think the majority got it, you explained it just fine. Thanks for all you did (worship)

GG

I think the majority got it, you explained it just fine. Thanks for all you did (worship)

+1000

-slym

Well thanks for running this and letting me in late GG!

Is it customary to receive a thank-you PM? I was caught a little off guard not knowing what to get from the wish list. I never heard from the boardie I sent a gift to. Next year will be a home run!

Probably better served in a PM but I feel obligated to go with he flow of the current conversation. :whistle:

Well thanks for running this and letting me in late GG!

Is it customary to receive a thank-you PM? I was caught a little off guard not knowing what to get from the wish list. I never heard from the boardie I sent a gift to. Next year will be a home run!

Probably better served in a PM but I feel obligated to go with he flow of the current conversation. :whistle:

I might have received your gift. In which case you can see my thank you here:

The "Official and First" what you got from your SS thread 7252468

GG

You said coglioni :D

Ban him from next years exchange

I am not defending TMJ, but all of you that piled on should be ashamed of yourselves.

gg I understand your point of taking it to pm and agreeing with it, but this is not excluding you.

You are all acting like my 8 year old grandson because he didn't get his favorite Lego set for Christmas.

For the record I did not participate in it, but that's not to say this was not a great thing. When I saw this last year I thought it was great and still do.

I hope all of this griping does not stop you from doing it again next year.

and as greggy might say "suck it" or maybe it's Jimmy that might sing it.....

Wait...who is acting like your 8 year old grandson TMJ or everyone else? ??? The only negative comment in the entire thread came from him? How is everyone else acting like a child when there wasn't one single complaint from anyone else other than him? (shrug)

Wait...who is acting like your 8 year old grandson TMJ or everyone else?

Everyone involved. (tsk)

Sure, TMJ was a doofus for posting his complaints about a "gift" (bad form anytime IMO) but maybe he's a kid who doesn't have his fully empathy gene yet?

Not everyone is greggy and can give a box full of CGC pre-screen rejects or a SA grail. At Christmas, I'm much more stocked at what I give than what I receive, and that's no joke. I have more than enough.

Wait...who is acting like your 8 year old grandson TMJ or everyone else?

Everyone involved. (tsk)

Sure, TMJ was a doofus for posting his complaints about a "gift" (bad form anytime IMO) but maybe he's a kid who doesn't have his fully empathy gene yet?

Not everyone is greggy and can give a box full of CGC pre-screen rejects or a SA grail. At Christmas, I'm much more stocked at what I give than what I receive, and that's no joke. I have more than enough.

Exactly. Then was "Debbie Downer" or "Negative Nancy" or temper-tantrum-o.gif before TheMightyJohn came around complaining about a GIFT. Who does that? :facepalm:

If I were him, I would take a look in the mirror and feel ashamed and embarrassed instead of attacking the community for being pissed at his comment and "piling on". But then again, I wouldn't complain about what I got for a SS gift. (shrug)