• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up!

950 posts in this topic

Members Still Waiting on Gifts

Shootydog

Comicdoc

Greggy

Icculus308win

Anyone else?

I hope it is just a shipping issue or something because it would be a real shame if some of the extremely generous members listed above did not get anything.

Apparently Fedex and UPS are admitting they Farked up and screwed up some Christmas delivery times

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/25/22047875-ups-fedex-draw-fire-after-christmas-delivery-problems?lite

UPS, FedEx draw fire after Christmas delivery problems

Thousands of Americans awoke to find that special something missing from beneath the Christmas tree Wednesday, a day after UPS acknowledged getting swamped by the seasonal cheer and failing to deliver orders in time.

Now, rival FedEx appears to share the blame for the holiday that wasn't.

"We're sorry that there could be delays and we're contacting affected customers who have shipments available for pickup," Scott Fiedler, a spokesman for FedEx, told the Associated Press Wednesday.

Pressed Christmas afternoon, a supervisor at 1-800-GoFedex, the customer support line, went further in a call with NBC News. He declined to give his last name, citing company policy, but acknowledged “extraordinary” delays at the shipping giant and said his team had been apologizing to customers.

"We give our apologies to customers," he told NBC News, noting that bad weather had crippled planes and delivery trucks and unforeseen demand swamped what vehicles remained in operation.

That mirrors what UPS first acknowledged on Tuesday, as the complaints piled up and packages failed to arrive.

"The volume of air packages in our system exceeded the capacity in our network," UPS spokeswoman Natalie Godwin said in a statement.

And less-than-jolly customers of both companies took online to pummel the shipping giants.

"UPS SUCKS," wrote Kip Ingram in a post on the company’s Facebook page, just a short scroll from a "Happy Christmas" message from the company’s delivery crew. "They just FAILED. SUCK, SUCK, SUCK!"

"Merry Christmas FedEx," wrote Teri Martin in Phoenix, Arizona. "Thanks for taking my money, ruining my son's Christmas and taking days off to avoid dealing with desperate customers trying to find out how to get their packages! NEVER AGAIN!!!"

I did notice this year that almost zero items arrived in the time they were supposed to. Luckily I started shopping early. Amazon prime was next to meaningless. Items took up to 12 days to arrive and some were MIA and refunded.

Amazon did get my SS recipient his items by xmas eve so there was one xmas miracle.

Well Im back from holiday, and finally got the chance to open my present!

where is it... oh there it is under the tree! Two presents... what could they be?

FecoauH.jpg

But first the card, My mom taught me manners.

Oh a cute snowman.

NKOu7Hm.jpg

but what do I see when I open it?

5E64Z1D.jpg

Sweet sassy molassy! Its a Shadow original!

Ah now I know, Dan aka Shadow is my SS... nice art my man, nice art.

Now I told my SS I was looking for a good read and listed off a dozen different titles I'd never read... so lets see what he thought would be good reads...

HKkGSXU.jpg

ooh Hitman, Preacher and Runaways! Three solid hits!

But whats in this other smaller package? I did mention my love of Sci-Fi...

PW76cyx.jpg

why its some sweet 70s era pulp-y sci-fi goodness!

mmmmmm..

Look at that Starfawn cover to Ficton Illustrated

MHj3wkV.jpg

You cant tell me that wouldnt look beautiful detailed on the side of my van no?

Dan you did honorably as a Secret Santa, and the illustrated card will stay in my permanent collection of Green Lantern art!

Well Im back from holiday, and finally got the chance to open my present!

where is it... oh there it is under the tree! Two presents... what could they be?

FecoauH.jpg

But first the card, My mom taught me manners.

Oh a cute snowman.

NKOu7Hm.jpg

but what do I see when I open it?

5E64Z1D.jpg

Sweet sassy molassy! Its a Shadow original!

Ah now I know, Dan aka Shadow is my SS... nice art my man, nice art.

Now I told my SS I was looking for a good read and listed off a dozen different titles I'd never read... so lets see what he thought would be good reads...

HKkGSXU.jpg

ooh Hitman, Preacher and Runaways! Three solid hits!

But whats in this other smaller package? I did mention my love of Sci-Fi...

PW76cyx.jpg

why its some sweet 70s era pulp-y sci-fi goodness!

mmmmmm..

Look at that Starfawn cover to Ficton Illustrated

MHj3wkV.jpg

You cant tell me that wouldnt look beautiful detailed on the side of my van no?

Dan you did honorably as a Secret Santa, and the illustrated card will stay in my permanent collection of Green Lantern art!

I'm glad you enjoyed them! The paperbacks have some Steranko and Adams art in them I believe.

I got mine thismorning!! you know they are backed up when they are delivering on sunday mornings.

huge thanks to thermal for nailing 2 of my collecting wants. goldenage war and matthew kirsch art!

please excuse the horrible cell phone pics....

photo.jpg

mars.jpg