• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep 22 CGC VG+ can be yours...for only 200k!

76 posts in this topic

any purchase over 5k….unless you know the guy and even then should be made by WIRE TRANSFER ONLY to protect both parties…there are phony money orders out there from overseas as well as USA and rule applies to all transactions. If you send the wire, you had better KNOW who you sending it too….Gator is cool...

We just had a forum member buy a key Batman comic book (det) and the kid's mom said he sent the money to russia… or poland…There real and good people on this board, there are more good sellers than bad…….but the now on E-bay and the lack of the site protecting the customers…just think of how many people…just write it off as a loss, and the surcharges and fees….makes it NOT what it used to be.

You buy on E-bay you take a chance- you buy from Gator, Ha, Metro….you don't.

So you would think it was risky to buy a comic from G.A.tor if he was selling it on ebay?

I don't sell on ebay lol

I know.

Mitch, I'm looking forward to seeing your books when you post them.

Since I see someone is apparently jealous enough to the point they felt compelled to create a thread solely to bash my listing on here, I thought I'd chime in...

Apparently you don't understand the concept of the key words "Or Best Offer". Obviously I don't expect 200K for the book...Duh! I'm simply in no hurry to sell my book so I'm just putting it out there to see if any real big collectors are interested for the time being. I have no gripes with holding off 'til the next Overstreet when the price goes up another 25-40 percent, or more ;)

As for all the whining I've been getting about my use of the word "existence" by raw enthusiasts. Way to take things literally. Obviously people are aware there's a small uncertain number of ungraded copies out there, but guess what?! That same factor applies to EVERY COMIC! And as it stands, Pep 22 IS the rarest of all the MAJOR KEYS. And sorry, but in the grand scheme of things, no one cares about ungraded, back-alley sales. Saying you sold a copy to your buddy means diddly in the world of actual sales. Like breaking a world record without it being officially recorded and recognized, maybe it happened, maybe it didn't, who's to know? And what impact does the sale (of what may or may not be a universal copy) to a friend that didn't get recorded have on someone buying an officially graded universal copy in a decent grade at an official auction or ebay? NONE. So really, unless you're sitting on a pile of universal copies of Pep 22, then by all means, come out of the wood work and prove me wrong and I'll gladly change my description. Oh, and by the way, you'll only need to come up with 8 more copies for it to not be the rarest major key in the census. Stand up and be counted...otherwise, sit down and shut up.

And for those who think I'm a scam artist, HA! Check out my store, I just sold a Hulk #1 (3.5) at record price and a Showcase #4 (6.5 SP) at record price. I have over a 1000 feedback and have over 400 listings up with hundreds more coming, including hundreds of CGC'd titles (as soon as I get them back).

Since I see someone is apparently jealous enough to the point they felt compelled to create a thread solely to bash my listing on here, I thought I'd chime in...

Apparently you don't understand the concept of the key words "Or Best Offer". Obviously I don't expect 200K for the book...Duh! I'm simply in no hurry to sell my book so I'm just putting it out there to see if any real big collectors are interested for the time being. I have no gripes with holding off 'til the next Overstreet when the price goes up another 25-40 percent, or more ;)

As for all the whining I've been getting about my use of the word "existence" by raw enthusiasts. Way to take things literally. Obviously people are aware there's a small uncertain number of ungraded copies out there, but guess what?! That same factor applies to EVERY COMIC! And as it stands, Pep 22 IS the rarest of all the MAJOR KEYS. And sorry, but in the grand scheme of things, no one cares about ungraded, back-alley sales. Saying you sold a copy to your buddy means diddly in the world of actual sales. Like breaking a world record without it being officially recorded and recognized, maybe it happened, maybe it didn't, who's to know? And what impact does the sale (of what may or may not be a universal copy) to a friend that didn't get recorded have on someone buying an officially graded universal copy in a decent grade at an official auction or ebay? NONE. So really, unless you're sitting on a pile of universal copies of Pep 22, then by all means, come out of the wood work and prove me wrong and I'll gladly change my description. Oh, and by the way, you'll only need to come up with 8 more copies for it to not be the rarest major key in the census. Stand up and be counted...otherwise, sit down and shut up.

And for those who think I'm a scam artist, HA! Check out my store, I just sold a Hulk #1 (3.5) at record price and a Showcase #4 (6.5 SP) at record price. I have over a 1000 feedback and have over 400 listings up with hundreds more coming, including hundreds of CGC'd titles (as soon as I get them back).

welcome to the CGC boards! :)

As long as you are apologizing, it's all good! :D

Wow.

:popcorn:

I'm not the best at math, but last I checked, most Best Offers could not go below 50% of the asking price. Is that true?

In which case, Mr. Masonry is asking just $100,000 for a 4.5, when the 6.5 sold for $111,000. :idea: A bargain!!

Or can you truly set the auto-reject to as low a percentage as you please?

Wow.

I'm not the best at math, but last I checked, most Best Offers could not go below 50% of the asking price. Is that true?

In which case, Mr. Masonry is asking just $100,000 for a 4.5, when the 6.5 sold for $111,000. :idea: A bargain!!

Offers can be made and accepted at any price.

I've received $1 offers on 5 figure books.

Wow.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Regarding the sale of the 6.5 that took place a year ago, the book has increased in its listed price since then by 27%. That would make the 6.5 worth somewhere around 140-145k. And with a new overstreet about 6 months away, I expect another significant increase. So, do the math. Also, I believe who bought the 6.5 got a total steal for what it's worth.

Regarding the sale of the 6.5 that took place a year ago, the book has increased in its listed price since then by 27%.

Where do you get this ? Where there other sales to corroborate this ? There's a BIG difference between listed prices and sales prices, but you already know that.

And with a new overstreet about 6 months away, I expect another significant increase.

Ah yes, Overstreet. Then it must be true. :eyeroll:

I think the craziest prices I have ever gotten was from a list I received today who had his sell prices for his Mad comics from 151-228 (with some doubles) for about $80 thousand dollars.

Claimed that many were mint. Didn't seem to understand plus, minus or split grades either. Many of the issues were marked at 4-6 thousand each.

This one isn't too bad. Maybe 3 times over.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Regarding the sale of the 6.5 that took place a year ago, the book has increased in its listed price since then by 27%. That would make the 6.5 worth somewhere around 140-145k. And with a new overstreet about 6 months away, I expect another significant increase. So, do the math. Also, I believe who bought the 6.5 got a total steal for what it's worth.

But didn't you, yourself say that only 'real' sales count?

That CGC 6.5 book was in my booth in NYC 1.5 years ago and was owned by a board member at the time. The book was sold but I don't think it has resold since, so the number that book would fetch today is only an estimate right now.

And I agree it's a terrific book. I've owned 3 different copies of Pep #22 over the past 4 or 5 years, and also felt the 6.5 book should have been worth more than what it sold for...but it didn't.

Dear MagicMasonry,

I sincerely implore you to carefully consider the direction you take from here.

It seems from your listing (and eBay store info) that you are transitioning from the world of gaming into the world of comics. In addition to being a fantastic community in general, the membership of these boards are an incredible resource for knowledge about all facets of comics. I cannot overstate how much can be learned about comics by spending time here. Further, if you pay your dues and become a stand-up member of this community, there is a fantastic comic marketplace here where buyers abound for the types of high-dollar books you are attempting to sell.

However, coming in here guns ablaze, implying people are jealous of your books, calling people whiners, etc. does not play well - actually, that's an understatement. You will be straight run out of here, and you will likely regret it later...it happens again and again. And trust me - your experience selling a Hulk 1 or Showcase 4 isn't going to mean mess to anyone here. Hang around for a bit and you'll see what I mean. So, measure your responses, and again, I think you will be glad if you soak up what these boards have to offer, and if you contribute in kind. It's not too late, but things could turn quickly. Perhaps begin by taking a step back and introducing yourself in the new member thread CLICK HERE . (shrug)

Ed 2c