• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Humble & Heartfelt 'Thank You' to the CGC Registry Set Award Selection Committee

6 posts in this topic

or

How shocked I was to be one of the lucky recipients of a CGC Registry Set Award!!!

Greetings fellow CGC collectors!

I've been meaning to write this journal for quite some time (as it is clear that it's been a few months since the CGC 2013 Registry Set Awards have been announced). Basically, I wanted to express my heartfelt 'thank you' to the CGC selection committee for choosing my set from amongst the numerous others that I feel are truly amazing. After the announcement hit the website, I had to re-read it a few times because I truly couldn't believe I was one of the fortunate few to be selected for the prestigious award. At any rate, I am truly thankful for the decision and, although this isn't tantamount to the Oscars or Golden Globes, I do appreciate the decision just as much. I owe a huge thank you to Gemma for putting up with my numerous requests for set additions over the past year as well as a thank you to Nicole for taking over the current (and future) same requests that are on the horizon :)

Thank you, CGC, for letting me have fun as a collector in ways that before the summer of 2012 I never knew existed.

Thanks to you readers, also, for taking the time out of your day to peruse my journal...I also appreciate this community for giving me a deeper knowledge of the ins and outs of the industry.

In other words, I love this place. Period.

In brightest day, in blackest night

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power...Sensei Ryan's Green Lantern 2011 CGC Registry Set's Light!

(okay...that last line was a bit cheesy...but still, you have to admit it was slightly clever)

14630.jpg

See more journals by Sensei Ryan

Congrats first off, second off I would love to read a couple more journals about you putting the set together. If you could oblige I would appreciate it and I am sure others would enjoy reading it as well.

Tnerb

Congrats Sensei! OSU!

I concur with Tnerb!

Share your love and passion of the Emerald Knights and your wonderous set!

Tell us why you love the fraternal order of ring bearers!

Tell us, if you were a light bearer who would you be and why?

Tell us, which in the set is your most prized possession.

Show us the light!

And the last line was corny but it was cool too!

SW3D

Congrats first off, second off I would love to read a couple more journals about you putting the set together. If you could oblige I would appreciate it and I am sure others would enjoy reading it as well.

Tnerb

Tnerb,

I will definitely do that in the near future :) I'm a huge Green Lantern fan - always have been. He's my favorite DC character (Hal, particularly). I am trying (within reason) to have the absolute best possible set for this volume of the GL mythos. I am sad that Johns no longer writes it but my dedication to GL will stay strong, regardless...I liken it to your dedication to the New Mutants (but your set is quite a bit harder to stay on top of).

Thanks again for the kind words :)

R

Congrats Sensei! OSU!

I concur with Tnerb!

Share your love and passion of the Emerald Knights and your wonderous set!

Tell us why you love the fraternal order of ring bearers!

Tell us, if you were a light bearer who would you be and why?

Tell us, which in the set is your most prized possession.

Show us the light!

And the last line was corny but it was cool too!

SW3D

SW3D,

Osu! Do you collect GL as well? Every time I see your screen name I think of Star Wars 3-D (am I off on that or is there a relation)?

I had this Green Lantern toy when I was little - the 'super powers' DC action figure line - and Hal was always my favorite to play with. That kind of started my love for his character but when I was in middle school I started reading the 3rd volume (1990's run) off the shelf - I think issue 10 was the first ever issue I purchased off the rack - Guy Gardner's story 'A Guy and his G'nort' was occurring at the time and I was hooked. Even though it wasn't Hal I loved the storyline. It's a very under-rated GL series, in my opinion. Anyway, that's where it began....around 21 years or so ago...in my local pharmacy spinner rack. A fan of the emerald light was born on that fateful morn!

To be the norm, I'd have to say I'd prefer to be Hal but I'm probably more like Kyle. Kyle is a little more artsy and less confrontational than Hal...that's more my style. But I'd prefer to be THE GL :)

Picking my favorite book of the set would be tough....honestly I just got back my first CGC graded 9.9 (GL #6 sketch variant 1:200) and that is the ONLY 9.9 I've ever personally received from my own submission AND it's a sketch 1:200 cover AND it's in my favorite set...thus, it's probably my favorite (at the moment ;)

Let the emerald light shine on, my friend!