• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Sub-mariner 11

12 posts in this topic

This is one of my favourite covers in the series. No hidden defects.

I've had this book since 1990 but the slight rubbing on the bottom left hand side of the cover has always thrown me on what grade this book sits.

any help or suggested grades would be appreciated. thanks

142571.jpg.f9d654ebd8c9903e2950c78483428833.jpg

142572.jpg.634a77f47a4e9f6b573040fd325642bf.jpg

I think this is one of those books that you look at and say "wow what a beauty" and the only discerning feature is the lower left hand corner of the front cover. :( All in all this book is quite awesome. I would say based on the lack of any other defects you might get 9.2 for this book! (thumbs u

8.0 - 8.5 due the above-mentioning rubbing at LLFC and both spine corners on the BC (although it may be nicer in hand). :)

btw - one of my faves too! But you can't go wrong with subby 2-15 (thumbs u

8.0 - 8.5 due the above-mentioning rubbing at LLFC and both spine corners on the BC (although it may be nicer in hand). :)

:o But not #1?

I'm at 8.5 for the above mentioned reasons.

:o But not #1?

I'm at 8.5 for the above mentioned reasons.

#1's cover doesn't really do it for me, and it's not like it's Subby's 1st app or anything . . . :baiting:

:cloud9:

You're preaching to the choir here Divad. I'm a huge Subby fan and I love that series. I just really really like the cover for #1 and I think you're the first person I've heard who likes the other Buscema covers but not #1.

Sick #2. Perfect top left corner. :cloud9:

That's a awesome number 2 divad, I like the run as well but also number 1. Many copies of the first issue have the blue cover washed out by sunlight so real nice copies are not in huge numbers.

Thanks all for your suggested grades, it has always been a hard book for me to grade in it's condition and the fact that I have had it for a long time has a bit of sentimentality to me.