• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I sell all of my Hulk 271 and buy MP7s ?

47 posts in this topic

I would buy Marvel Preview #7 for the same reason I would have sooner or later bought it if the prices did not skyrocket: for the Satana feature.

Artistically speaking it’s a "no brainer": I have not read the Hulk stories but some agree it’s not one of the most outstanding of the Mantlo run.

Disney and talking animals has been a proven winner in the past. hm

Walt Disney would just *cringe* in seeing what Marvel (and Disney) is mostly doing right now… :eek:

I would cash our on the raccoon and look for whatever is going to be the next big thing.

The next big thing is Aunt May drinking the rejuvenation formula of Nick Fury AND the super-soldier serum. Not more unlikely of what Marvel has been doing in the last ten years. :grin:

I would cash our on the raccoon and look for whatever is going to be the next big thing.

The next big thing is Aunt May drinking the rejuvenation formula of Nick Fury AND the super-soldier serum. Not more unlikely of what Marvel has been doing in the last ten years. :grin:

God, I wish I'd thought of that!

lol

I personally would rather have the MP #7 since that's Rocket Racoon's first true appearance. And to everyone saying the ship has sailed on it, we'll see what happens when the first trailer is released and kids see there's a talking Racoon superhero now. Disney and talking animals has been a proven winner in the past. hm

+1

I bet my life the ship is still boarding, just less seats ........

I personally would rather have the MP #7 since that's Rocket Racoon's first true appearance. And to everyone saying the ship has sailed on it, we'll see what happens when the first trailer is released and kids see there's a talking Racoon superhero now. Disney and talking animals has been a proven winner in the past. hm

I agree. Reality is no-one knows how high this is gonna go. It is certain that right now is not the top, but it could come in the time before the premiere. Or if GOTG becomes really popular and a new craze and grabs everyone... then the comics will flare up hugely ..movie sequels get made..and so on..and the key books will keep going up in price.

Before the first Spider-man movie, just imagine how many said "the ship has sailed on AF15. books like SC4 and so on... not to mention the golden age heroes will always be more valuable than Spider-man..hehehehe".

But as we saw AF15 kept rising up through the ranks of other silver age books. And now that seems like it was inevitable.. but at the time it wasn't.

I would by the way also much rather have the MP7. But personally I am not putting money into it now because although it may go somewhat or a lot higher...some of the increase has of course happened. I would right now rather go for the ones that have not seen any or little movement yet.

Let's not start comparing these books to AF15 and SC4, but I agree with most everything else you've said.

I'm surprised that so many boardies think that these books no longer have upwards growth potential. That would completely defy the proven hype train sales we've seen with other Marvel movie characters.

These books will spike again after the GotG trailer hits. Isn't that a given?

Let's not start comparing these books to AF15 and SC4, but I agree with most everything else you've said.

I'm surprised that so many boardies think that these books no longer have upwards growth potential. That would completely defy the proven hype train sales we've seen with other Marvel movie characters.

These books will spike again after the GotG trailer hits. Isn't that a given?

Sure. I'm not comparing MP7 to AF15 or SC4. Rather saying that there is a chance that MP7 relates to X book in the same way AF15 related to SC4.

Yeah, I think that is a given. But when people have already seen a huge increase and are getting worried not getting out on time, then perhaps selling early seems like a good idea.

Spin has been that RR steals the movie... if it's a hit I don't see how demand won't increase on these books, especially since for most people the movie will be their first introduction to the character.

It is fine to make this type of speculation now. but when I have the choice between realising a guaranteed profit now or a highly speculative profit in the future. I nearly always pick the guaranteed profit.

I happened to pick up both for good prices before the movie news hit too much. I didn't buy with the intent to flip. I just wanted to pick up some copies. Much like my Iron Man #55, I could be persuaded to let them go at some point, if someone wants one bad enough, but I'm more than happy to just keep them.

So Hulk 271 is one of the comics I have picked up many copies of. It was the second book I researched since starting to collect again and was not aware of marvel preview 7 being the actual "first appearance" of RR

My question is should I sell all of the Hulk 271 s I have and buy Marvel Preview 7 s with the money, or will both of them go up or down relative to the value they are at now ?

So, you really love reading comics then? meh

Still only 1 Marvel Preview #7 in 9.8. $2000 may not have been a bad price for that. Only 47 subs, though... against 90 subs for #4 and 194 subs for #2.

I wonder when we'll see the #271 in 9.9 come out of the woodwork.

I can absolutely see Rocket Raccoon being a hit with kids and selling tons of merchandise. But honestly how many kids are going to see the movie and ask mom and dad for a CGC 9.8 Satana comic?