• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Infinity Gauntlet (War, Crusade, Thanos Quest) Appreciation Thread

1,122 posts in this topic

Speculation here: Does anyone think that either 1 or 2 more of the infinity gems will be revealed in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Then the last in the Avengers 3 movie which will put us on track for an Infinity Gauntlet movie/movies.

As previously posted, hints from Feige about another Infinity Gem's appearance and other MCU updates:

http://screenrant.com/marvel-kevin-feige-interview-guardians-galaxy-avengers-2-3-thor-thanos-infinity-guantlet-gems-stones

Since they are already introducing the 'infinity stones' into the movies, there will be an IG centric movie (most likely Avengers 3.)

I'm sure that the primary villains in all of the movies between Thor 2 and Avengers 3 will use a stone of some sort as a part of their plan/mechanism for destruction.

If GotG succeeds, expect an Adam Warlock in the sequel.

It all is riding on how well the 'general public' respond to space/cosmic plots and characters that are not as familiar as Iron Man or Captain America. If the response is good, hold onto your seats!

As much as I love SS, they will just insert another character into this role and run with it. There are plenty of cosmic types to choose from.

In general, the idea of the IG and what it can do would have to be retrofitted for the big screen. As much as we all love IG, I'd expect that they will use it as a reference but stick with a new version / story.

As much as I love SS, they will just insert another character into this role and run with it. There are plenty of cosmic types to choose from.

In general, the idea of the IG and what it can do would have to be retrofitted for the big screen. As much as we all love IG, I'd expect that they will use it as a reference but stick with a new version / story.

One of the other heralds maybe ?

Possibly but they would have to exist in a world free of Galactus as well. Firelord is a cool character (underrated imho) but w/out his association to Galactus, he's just not that interesting.

I hadn't thought of that. Who would you like to see in that spot ? I can think of many characters that would be intersting but I can't really nail it down to a Surfer replacement.

I think Marvel would want to put someone in that role that could either be introduced through their own movie (not likely with the timing) or be interesting enough to carry their own post appearance Origin/standalone movie.

My 1st vote - Carol Danvers (as Ms Marvel - w/ Avengers and then as Captain Marvel) - mainly due to Marvel's wanting to appeal to a broader audience.

My 2nd vote - Mar-Vell (Thomas/Gane iteration)

I'm not saying this character is suppose to one for one replace Norrin, but to act as the cosmic link between the space stories and the earth based ones.

Couldn't Marvel just trade the rights to SS for someone else. hm Actually, weren't they trying to do that exact thing before they reacquired the rights to Daredevil? ( :cloud9:)

They could but at this point, Marvel doesn't want to trade away much. Too many potential long term impacts.

also. they would need Galactus as well. Heck, throw in FF. Fans of SS don't want to see a story in which he is not associated with Galactus and the FF.

Edited by Mangbus

I think Marvel would want to put someone in that role that could either be introduced through their own movie (not likely with the timing) or be interesting enough to carry their own post appearance Origin/standalone movie.

Darkhawk? hm

Darkhawk? hm

A few hundred hardcore nostalgic fans does not a 'successful film franchise' make. - Yoda. ESB Blu Ray Deleted Scenes. Luke was holding a copy of DH#1.