• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Infinity Gauntlet (War, Crusade, Thanos Quest) Appreciation Thread

1,122 posts in this topic

I think Marvel would want to put someone in that role that could either be introduced through their own movie (not likely with the timing) or be interesting enough to carry their own post appearance Origin/standalone movie.

Darkhawk? hm

That would be freaking awesome. Darkhawk :headbang:

I loved Darkhawk (the original 50 issues) but the more recent War of Kings/Realm of Kings stuff was not my favorite. He'd be a tough sell universally as a stop gap fill in for SS.

Should he get a new comic series or a small netflix like show ?? Certainly more than others.

Edited by Mangbus

I loved Darkhawk (the original 50 issues) but the more recent War of Kings/Realm of Kings stuff was not my favorite. He'd be a tough sell universally as a stop gap fill in for SS.

The first 25 or so were great...after that, not so much. It has been discussed in the Copper thread a few times. For example, Darkhawk's amulet is one of the Infinity stones. That would help make his origin a bit more interesting.

Picturing Thanos ripping it from his chest would make for a pretty cool scene.

Edited by awakeintheashes

The first 25 or so were great...after that, not so much. It has been discussed in the Copper thread a few times. For example, Darkhawk's amulet is one of the Infinity stones. That would help make his origin a bit more interesting.

Picturing Thanos ripping it from his chest would make for a pretty cool scene.

"Yep.. I'm gonna need this..." - Thanos

Yeah, I only read through the first 20 or so when they were released. My older cousin came home and new I liked comics when I was a kid so bought me a bunch of Darkhawks that he saw when he was out and about. At first I was like meh as it wasn't Wolverine, Spider-man or the X-Men. But then I read it and was hooked.

Darkhawk :headbang:

I can't speak to what happened after those first 20 or so issues. (shrug)

I think Marvel would want to put someone in that role that could either be introduced through their own movie (not likely with the timing) or be interesting enough to carry their own post appearance Origin/standalone movie.

My 1st vote - Carol Danvers (as Ms Marvel - w/ Avengers and then as Captain Marvel) - mainly due to Marvel's wanting to appeal to a broader audience.

My 2nd vote - Mar-Vell (Thomas/Gane iteration)

I'm not saying this character is suppose to one for one replace Norrin, but to act as the cosmic link between the space stories and the earth based ones.

I was thinking Mar-Vell too. A personal favorite as are most of cosmic sharacters in the Marvel U. My second pick is Rom. I had the full run as a kid along the toy I got for Christmas. lol

Rom can translate any known language, has a neutralizer/analyzer, and has taken on the likes of Galactus, Dire Wraiths, and the X-Men in their prime. He is nearly invincible. lol